FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:11:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hidden pillar plate seat belts  (Read 2731 times)
moetstockie

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2012, 11:35:07 AM »

Hi friends,  Has anyone been able to find out if retractable seat belts can be installed with hidden pillar plates as opposed to the bolt through the pillar. I have searched but haven't yet seen a clear direction yet. I understand this means an engineers certificate would be required for the changes.  Your comments/experiences please. Cheers Moe`t
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 12:49:40 PM »

Mine have passed engineering twice..

Most people on here run them..

Pete

JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 01:10:35 PM »

Not sure how to put the exact link up...

http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,15344.280.html

Project cars

365days... Page 15

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
moetstockie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 01:09:58 PM »

Thanks JB, Link worked fine. I think after doing all the painting and only now thinking about belts after "she who must be obeyed" mentioned how dangerous it is with out them......Well I was thinking like a bloke and getting the car going was the important thing to me at the time but now I think about it and the littlies in my life that I really can't take with me at all until she's a bit safer. My options are to go the hidden pillar bolts (cut, weld, re-paint and inspect) or just drill for the old bolt through which would be cheaper and less fuss and do a proper job next time I do major work ....Hmmmm!! 
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »

Hi Moetstockie.  When I restored my FC I cut the B pillar and inserted a plate internally.  It was not a difficult job to do but as yours is on the road it would be certainly be more difficult.  You will have to get a seat belt compliance certificate once you have fitted the belts.  I am not sure if you are aware of the seat belt legislation in Qld.  It is now illegal to carry children under the age of thirteen unrestrained in a vehicle.  It used to be seven years of age but the shiny backside boffins decided to increase this a few years ago.  My grand children are not happy as they always enjoyed a ride in my 1929 Rugby when they visited.  The combined council have been trying to reduce this age for a while as it is not possible to fit seat belts in some of the vintage cars with wooden frames and not destroy the originality.

If you want further information give me a call.  I think you have my phone number.  If not PM me and I will send it to you.

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: