FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 10:51:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC/FE front cross member  (Read 3564 times)
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2006, 03:38:57 AM »

Wanted bare front cross member any condition. Need it for the mounting plates only as i am doing a conversion. I am located in melbourne so local would be good
Regards Brett
trevwood

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 06:02:19 AM »

would an fb one do?
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 06:50:07 AM »

there are no engine mounts on the cross, there is one on the outrigger, is that the one you want

brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 07:52:25 AM »

Thanks guys for your replies. As for the FB cross member i am not sure if the mounting brackets are either the same or same positions as the FC FE. Can anyone verify this. The crossmember i am after is the main one where engine mounts normally go on red motor vehicles. In other words the member that holds the upper and lower wish bones.Regards Brett
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 11:07:31 AM »

Brett, if it is just the mounting plates you need then a FB one will be fine as the mounts are the same as FC.  In fact the mounts are the same from FE right up to HR.  However the crossmember is a different shape from FB onwards so would be no good if you want to use part of the crossmember for your setup.
Ken
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 05:05:10 AM »

Thanks ken your full of knowledge.Therefore i am now looking for a bare cross member from FB to HR as i only want the mounting plates.These are being transfered to a torana front end as my original front end had been reconditioned and it would be ashame to cut this one up.
Regards brett
By the way Ken i haven't forgot about the trims its been because i have been interstate.Will call you soon.
trevwood

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 05:42:47 AM »

In that case I have an fb one if you want, and Im in melbourne! Call me on 0414 557 622 thanks Trev.
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 10:42:20 AM »

Thanks guys for your help. i have recieved a donor cross member from trev. i have also had my commodore rear end with trailing arms fitted to my fc and looks fantastic. any questions i would be more than happy to answer. Trev has also sighted this conversion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: