FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 03:21:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: plastic bead blasting in melbourne  (Read 18629 times)
John253a
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 11:57:55 AM »

I do work full time or next to full time, but I finish at 2 each day so I'm left with plent of time in the day,
I do plan on next to full time on car (40-50) a week after so called work,

I was planing on stripping outside of roof, bonnet and boot but removing sub frame/front and blasting it, all insides, doors and windows,( all the hard bits)

As far as striping the car, I've done it before in less than a day, but I've never striped it to reuse most parts again, I plane on useing just about new everything, except chrome, s/steal, and panels,

I myself won't be doing any paint only most prep to aid painter,
And trim will be done by someone as well.

I do plane on rebuilding frontend and rear end while in painters to save time,

And only bolt in for trimmer - motor, box, gards, boot and bonnet

The only other thing I'm having issues with is finding someone to overhaul gauges and make them white backed, and possible in k/ph
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 03:07:17 PM »

Have a look on the net, there are a few guys around that do that type of work, I'm in Sydney and I've seen a few vans running around that say they do rectification & restoration to speedos and all types of gauges.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
John253a
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 05:28:22 PM »

thank jim
i was hoping to use a place in geelong that i used on previous build but they no longer do it
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 05:39:46 PM »

At least you guys are spoilt for choice living in a capital city, often blokes in remote areas like me improvise a lot with things. Engineers are few and far btw too which sucks.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
John253a
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »

Don't Worry we still have to travel, all the good stuff/ people are atleast 1hr away on other side of city, I'm yet to ever find anyone that cam deliver the good within 30mins Of my place but most ofteren it 1hr + away and with a trailer and or traffic, well you get the point.

I do however live round the cnr of a well known shop (no names) and after my last experience with a car there, (product was a1) but the workers were to lazy to remove there belt buckles or use covers before working on car.
And my most resent experience there, I redirected to a competitor of theirs, as there knowledge in what their primary business is and made them famous for was lacking.

So living close to many places doesn't mean good places to have work done

My 2c
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 08:48:02 PM »

Sure I agree but I'm 3.5hrs from Melbourne and 5 from Adelaide. Only 1 grit blaster who can do woody properly and 1 boot which means low competition which means top dollar. That's what i miss being able to compare or being able to go look at places for parts etc. Even from private buyers. But it has other advantages like being able to test drive cars and knowing local cooperate who won't give hard time.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
John253a
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 08:59:49 PM »

You must be nere milison somewhere.
There's some tuff streeter up there.
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »

U can tell were on dumb phones LOL I meant cooperate and did u mean millicent.

Deano

John253a
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2011, 10:30:48 PM »

yep, iPhone, you
misses is normally on 'facespace' and it's hard to get on computer till late

i had a look at an fc for sale up there mid 2010 while i was up there for work,
didnt buy it, but still a nice car
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: