FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 10:57:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: wide rim offsets  (Read 2254 times)
reddo

its gottab holden -  ok!!!

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2007, 11:29:15 AM »

Hi guys

Can someone that is running wide rims on the FE/FC  ( without modifications to the bodywork/gaurds) tell me what the offset of their rims are.
I.E: measurement from back of rim hub face to outside edge of rim.
I have about 3 sets of dragway wheels all 7 ".... 2 sets of 13" , 1 set of 14". they all have around 80mm to 100mm offest .
All scrape on the gaurds both front and back on the FC panelvan.

The way i see it the offset would have to be no more than about 50 mm on a 6" rim to fit under the guard without rubbing on every bump or on full lock left or right.

Thanx in advance
Reddo
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 04:38:37 PM »

I have done a few set ups with 7 inch wheels and you need Commodore style offset - around 130 mm

Ken
Fat_Charlie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 06:34:52 PM »

hey Reddo
             The wheels on my FC are all 14" and 5.5"wide ,the offset is right in the midle which is 70mm ,they still just touch the back guards slightly on a hard corner with 195-60 tyres,  she's sitting very low and the fronts just touch the guards if u go into a driveway on full lock a bit to fast ,the front tyres are 185-60's Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: