FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:44:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wilsonia Gauge  (Read 4157 times)
cer444

138 "Big Block" Grey

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2004, 07:04:31 AM »

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to wire in the Wilsonia amp gauge or has anyone got a copy of the original fitting instructions, Any information is greatly appreciated
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 09:02:21 AM »

gee bud i hope if your the guy who won guage on ebay that he gave you the fitting instructions and the parts to hook it all up.

cer444

138 "Big Block" Grey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 09:09:10 AM »

Hi Nicko,

I did win the gauge on ebay (the one with the cracked face) it had no fitting instruction.
I raplaced the face and oil feed line, it works well although I dont know how to connect the amp meter.
       Regards Aaron
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 10:10:07 AM »

G'day cer444, From memory, after connecting the wire to the back of the unit, poke it through the rubber grommet in the firewall & wrap it around the harness that goes down towards the starter motor, it connects to the positive side of the starter motor solenoid. I am sure someone on the site will post or send you the actual instructions.
MalFE
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 11:32:14 AM »

Aaron,
I wired my ammeter in the sixties, during my resto I rewired it using this method.
One wire from ammeter to the battery lead connection
at starter motor.
The other wire to the rearmost voltage regulator terminal (B+).
I used 30amp wire and soldered the wire terminals.
When the headlamps etc are turned on the ammeter needle should go towards the minus (-) if it goes towards the plus (+) reverse the terminals at ammeter
Mal
MalFE
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 08:07:30 PM »

Aaron,
Also the wire from B+ at regulator to battery lead connection at starter motor needs to be removed.
OR
Instead of connecting ammeter wire to regulator, disconnect the wire at starter motor ( wire from B+ terminal at regulator) and join ammeter wire to it.
Mal
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 04:17:46 AM »

as with all amp guages,be very carefull that you use rubber gromet where ever the wire goes thru metal or area where it rubs against any other fitting run it thru a tube (piece of fuel line)is the best way,as the amp wires take the full power of battery and any bare wire from rubbing against something will surely blow any other electrical part like sound systems ,tacho's (you get the picture) and most likely car will catch fire, i wish i had a photo of damage it caused in a car i had when i was young, i tried to pull battery terminal off but it was too tightly bolted so as the smoke was pouring out from under the dash and engine bay i yanked the wire from the amp guage badly burning my hand and fingers.

cer444

138 "Big Block" Grey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 08:30:07 AM »

Hi all,
Thanks everyone for your help, Wired it up this afternoon works well evan got the + & - around the right way first go.

PS...  will post some pics in "Real Cars" when I get a chance.
           Regards Aaron
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: