FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:35:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 15 x 6 Chev rally wheels  (Read 2022 times)
JOX515
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2014, 06:50:34 PM »

G'day all,

I am after a pair of 15 x 6 Chev rally rims, HQ-WB centres.  I will have 2 15 x 7 Chev rally rims available once I can get 2 15 x 6 rims.

Located in Ballarat.

Cheers, Graeme

ps: I guess my other option is to change the offset on the rims I have.... Is this a simple process???
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 01:08:34 AM »

Graeme,

I found AJAX MOTOR WHEELS provide sound advice based on many years of experience, and great service at very reasonable prices.
Changing the offset can be straight forward using the proper jigs for centring/welding, but depending on the shape of the rim & the extent of the change required. AJAX will know what can be done with your specific setup, including other work that may be involved & any options you may have.

3 Exley Rd,
MOORABBIN

ajaxmw@tpg.com.au

(03) 9555 7737

Dave
0417 270 315
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 08:14:43 AM »

Thanks Dave.  Am heading to Melb on Tuesday so will call into Ajax and see what is what. Will be driving the wagon down Smiley so I will be able to show them the wheels I need changed.

Cheers, Graeme
Ole

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 09:49:29 AM »

Hi Graeme, if you are going to go to the effort of changing the offset, you may as well have your centres fitted to new 6" wide rims. That is what I am going to have done to my front rims. That way I can get rid of the gutter rash on the 2 worst rims.

Regards Ole.

Adelaide SA
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 02:19:47 PM »

G'day Ole,

That's what I will do - far easier to put the centres in 6" rims....

Cheers, Graeme
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: