FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:04:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2 speed wiper kit  (Read 5085 times)
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2015, 07:54:42 PM »

I can now supply the 2 speed wiper kit as built by Brett in kit form with instructions for installation.
All you need is an existing EK Preslite motor with the 2 arms and the rest is bolt in.
The pictures show the EK arms on the back with the primary arm extended to give more offset to clear the insulation on the back of the firewall. This is not included in the price but I can modify your existing arm for free if you need it done.
Photos also show an FE FC knob installed. This is also not included in the price.

Price for the kit is $125 plus postage. Remember it is the motor, switch, wiring and instructions only.

Ken
Professor Grey

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 11:11:51 AM »

Hi Ken,
Does the switch in the kit have a terminal for windscreen washers pump? And does it operate by pressing the knob?
Also, do you need an exchange motor?
I have a Delco single speed.

Can you please PM me with payment options?

Cheers,
Prof.

You don't get this old by accident.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 11:24:49 AM »

Yes the switch has a washer push feature and the push action is very short so that the knob appears in the correct position on the dash even though it can be pushed in about 1 mm to activate the washers.
You need to have an existing EK motor, not as an exchange, but to use the parts.
Preslite is ideal because the base plate has the holes in the right place and the arms are right.
I can convert a Delco base plate for you by drilling new holes and I can weld the Delco arm to an arm similar to that shown in the photo if this is needed. There is no charge for this work.
I will pm payment details.

Regards.   Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: