FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:25:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 186 vl 5 speed  (Read 3756 times)
rod67

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2007, 05:00:12 AM »

just wondering will a  186 vl  5 speed the way to go or celica 5 speed was going to put rb 25 or rb30 in to ute but wont to be able to work on it if it brakes down have heaps of parts for the rb's if anyone is interested thank you so much for all your help rod Shocked
minifcvan
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 05:17:43 AM »

Hi rod ,if you are useing a 186 why not try an early commodore (vb vc vk) 5 speed they will bolt straight in..
cheers mark
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 05:26:25 AM »

just wondering will a  186 vl  5 speed the way to go or celica 5 speed was going to put rb 25 or rb30 in to ute but wont to be able to work on it if it brakes down have heaps of parts for the rb's if anyone is interested thank you so much for all your help rod Shocked

not exactly sure what you mean???
186 VL ..  no such thing..?  they have an RB30?
was going to put in the RB25 or 30 but dont know how to work on it ok.
but you have plenty of RB parts?

why dont you use the RB30 and VL 5 speed? if you have lots of parts for the RB?  then you wont need to spend your money twice, and you can learn to work on the RB motor.. surely they aren't that difficult if you can get a good workshop manual?

just a thought..

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
rod67

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 05:51:15 AM »

sorry i already have 186 with triple su's i will shown the different engines when i can work out how to post the pictures  thanks again for everyone  help
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 05:56:00 AM »

ok the plot thickens!

i've used a celica box behind a 179 with no probs, but i hear the alloy case Supra box is much stronger.
cant help with a VL box, never driven one.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 07:17:14 AM »

Hi Do your self a favour and steer away from the VH / VK Commodore box I broke 2 of them in 12 months behind a warm 202 and one was a reco the other had 50,000k's from new, they did have nice ratios but . Do like ED said fit a SUPRA and you will never look back Mark

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
rod67

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 07:42:44 AM »

just to be a pain if i am running hq disc what brake boaster also what steering column thank you again for your help
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 07:56:00 AM »

Whichever booster you like, you can go to a remote booster or modify the firewall and fit one. A dual circuit master will be a good idea, not sure on the rear brake combo for remote boosted fronts though.

FE to HR columns should all fit, they get shorter as the years progress ie HR has the shortest (I think). I have a HR column in my FE and it is a good fit especially with me being a tall bloke. Sports steering wheels only have boss kits from EH or HR onwards.

Your questions are all FAQs, you'll find multiple answers to your questions by using the search page. You'll get info and feedback on heaps of gearbox and brake combos.

Click here - http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=;action=search

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: