FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:33:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Logging in by phone.  (Read 4916 times)
HARKO
« on: May 31, 2005, 01:22:36 PM »

RET I was hoping maybe you could shed some light on this for me .
During work hours I tend to check the site two to three times on my mobile phone but the site wont allow me to log in .
Is there any limits or blocks to prevent this or is it just a technical hitch that can be overcome ?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 01:23:34 PM by HARKO » Logged
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 01:37:17 AM »

Do you mean you are using your mobile as a modem attached to a computer (ie Bluetooth or cable between PC and mobile), or attempting to use WAP or equivalent to browse the 'net directly on the screen of your phone?

If the former, this site should work as well as any other.

If the latter, you're SOL unless you've got a SonyEricsson P900, Nokia Communicator or equivalent with a sufficiently sized screen to permit it.

Hope that helps.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
craiga
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 06:32:24 AM »

Harko,

I use my Sony Erricson P800 to view the forum. Screen size is an issue like RET says, but it IS readable. The standard browser they supply is pretty crap, so I have installed the Symbion version of the free Opera browser.

You would have seen some posts on the forum 'live' from the Nats. These posts were from my phone and also included photos.

What phone do you have?

Cheers,

Craig.
HARKO
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 11:38:22 AM »

First of all I'll correct myself ,I logged on with the phone earlier tonight but when trying to enter a reply to this here post it rejected me and the note read - you are not a member of this site please log in or something to that extent.
My phone is a Nokia 6260 with no screen size probs ,everything is easy to read etc but maybe thats the issue hey - it takes up more memory and space in larger text.
I dunno I think I'll just use laymens technique this time around "Dont try to understand how it works just use it" Smiley Im just happy to still be visiting this site while I sit in front of an old noisy mill pumping out heat & steam & noise .
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 11:56:14 AM by HARKO » Logged
craiga
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 07:32:41 PM »

Harko, what happens when you try to log in under your username and password?

If you get rejected at this point the issue is probably with the site trying to place a cookie on your phone that identifies you as a user. You may have to adjust a setting on your phones browser security settings.

Can't have you not being able to post during work!!

Cheers,

Craig.
HARKO
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 10:16:52 PM »

I can veiw the site anytime Craig , And I can log in succesfully to the main page but as soon as I click on anything Im logged out automatically .
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 10:22:58 PM »

That means cookies are not enabled in your browser.  The username/password etc information is stored in a 'magic cookie' on the computer - or in your case phone - so that the board knows who you are as you go from page to page.

You might have to have a bit of a hunt around the security preferences to enable cookies.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
HARKO
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 01:55:50 AM »

Thanks guys ,Sounds relatively simple .
I'll do it tonight whilst in the hole and see how it goes .
Chuck

Finished!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 02:33:26 AM »

Harko
I don't know about your phone but I'd really get to a doctor fast about your steam problem  Grin Grin Grin
Chuck

“So yes it has changed my life.  I can remember when I had a wife, a mortgage and a dog; I don’t have any 3 of those things any longer…”  Dr Gregory W Frazier
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 01:46:44 PM »

Harko ? ? ?
   And you've been telling us "how hard" you work   Roll Eyes

Yea Craig ,  we wouldn't want to deny Hako access "at all times"    Grin  Grin  Grin

now Harko " Get back to work"     Cool  Cool  Cool

Norm  Smiley

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
HARKO
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 12:04:28 AM »

I checked the security settings and cookies are enabled and theres not realy many settings I can play around with so Im bluffed by a bloody computer again , This keeps happening too often......
Chuck I seen the doc and he said its extra pressure build up to my blow off valve and the o-ring isnt sealing properly ,This will deteriorate with age but he did offer to replace my bottom end .
Norm "I never said I work hard at work" Smiley
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 09:23:27 AM »

computers on mobile phones !!!
i've just caught up with the laptop revolution.
it's going to be a long slow learning process.
just brought it home from the shop 5 hoursago.
Cathy got me connected to the internet after an hour on the phone to telstra so i could get to my favourite site.   it only took me 15 minutes to figure out where to plug in the mouse. Huh
now i've figured how to type i will have to figure out the scanner thingy so i can start posting pictures (dont hold your breath waiting)

Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 05:12:25 AM »

Welcome to the computer world of the 1990s, Surferboy.   Cheesy   Cheesy

Now all you have to do is get your mechanical skills up to the 1950s!!!  Grin  Grin  Grin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: