FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:53:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC 427 ANYONE REMEMBER THIS CAR?  (Read 14697 times)
tuffute

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2009, 08:32:38 PM »

ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS I FELL IN LOVE WITH THESE CARS FROM THE 80"S,REMEMBER SEEING THIS CAR IN THE EXHIBITION BUILDINGS WITH THE PLATES FC 427 AND THE BLOWER HANGING OUT THE BONNET,BEFORE I BOUGHT MY UTE BACK RECENTLY I LOOKED AT THIS CAR TO BUY,THE OWNER IS NOW GOING TO SUPPLY RWC. WHAT A CAR IN ITS DAY WOW.VERY 80"S CONVERSION THESE DAYS THOUGH
http://ninemsn.carpoint.com.au/used-car/HOLDEN/FC/Victoria/csn6523953.aspx
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 10:43:24 PM »

Hey tuffute.
There was a thread on here awhile ago....here's the link.

http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,3294.0.html

Regards
Alex

ps. no need to SHOUT.  Wink

maybeonedayillgetanFC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 08:57:43 AM »

I remember this car well and all the transformations it has been through, I even remember Johnny Taverna doing some work on it, wow that was a long time ago now..It was one of the cars that first inspired me to love FC's.
I always thought the car was built and always belonged to Peter Alphabet(that was his nickname)didn't know that it was from Allan Carrol though.

Just to add more to the thread, there is a few more FC's that I loved way back when i was a little boy,
Alan Hales FC SB car
Victor Riley's black SB car
Lindsay(forgot his surname) black over silver, "gunna's done it" SB car
Paul Attard light blue FE SB car

I'll add more as I remember, we where always on the hunt for cool old holdens when we was yunguns on our pushbikes!!

Anyone add more to the list??
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 10:12:43 AM »

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TRACK DOWN THE WHITE FC WITH FLIP FRONT AND TUNED PORT 307 CHEV NAMED "SATNAV"

THE OWNER DAVE MUST REMEMBER ME FROM NEARLY EVERY CAR SHOW WHERE I WAS TAKING MANY MANY PICS OF HIS CAR ALL DAY LONG.

AS FOR BEING ON OUR PUSH BIKES, THINGS DONT CHANGE FOR ME, NOW I OWN A BIKE SHOP

LOL
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 02:59:14 PM by RET » Logged
rustyholden

qld club member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 10:38:42 AM »

Hey FC/PVAN,which bike shop do you own.My other hobby when not playing with cars is restoring and riding vintage European road racing bikes,Australian made bikes,cruisers and allsorts of weird and wonderful contraptions.Last count was 45 and i am still married.LOL
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 10:57:15 AM »

Hey FC/PVAN,which bike shop do you own.My other hobby when not playing with cars is restoring and riding vintage European road racing bikes,Australian made bikes,cruisers and allsorts of weird and wonderful contraptions.Last count was 45 and i am still married.LOL

I OWN A SHOP CALLED "D-BIKE" IN DROUIN, STH/E MELBOURNE (GIPPSLAND REGION)
0356 255 244

LOVE TO HELP YOU OUT WITH ANY PARTS OR SERVICE THAT I CAN.

CHEERS DARREN
Louie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 10:42:36 PM »

Hi guys,
I remember that FC 427 because I was the guy who built it. I couldn't find at that time the FC 400 plates that I wanted so 427 was the next best thing. I bought the car in its original FC state in 1978 and it was grey and white and then I put a 5 speed Celica gear box and a 192 with triples and then painted the car red and white. In 1979, I pulled out the 6 cylinder and gear box and sent the car to McDonald brothers in Separation St, Northcote and commissioned them to install a 400 Chevy and turbo 400, disc brake front end and tank rear end. The interior red and black velour was upholstered by an old fella in North Melbourne. Centreline wheels I also bought at a tyre shop in North Melbourne. As for the bonnet not being on the car, changing the radiator one day, I forgot to screw the bonnet latch back on and it flew back onto the windscreen and therefore when I traded the car it didn't have the bonnet - the biggest mistake I made was trading that car in. The car yard was on the corner of Sydney Road and Gaffney Street, Coburg.  I still have all my original photos of the car.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 11:53:23 PM »

Hey Louie.
Good to hear from you. It would be cool to see the photos for a bit of the cars history.
Regards
Alex

fink

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 03:54:43 AM »

Last time I saw it,it was Blown,the owner rarely takes it out ! Lips sealed
Louie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 10:52:47 PM »

Thanks for the update and I would like to find out who owns the car now. 27 years ago I built another red and white FC, although I kept it pretty much original. I sold it but bought it back and still have it.

I'll post the old photos up soon.
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 11:22:28 PM »

About a year and a half ago i sold the guy who owns it now a front seat frame. He said he was returning it back to a bench seat. Never heard from him again and not sure how far he got with it. Cant remember his name either.
jfk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 04:00:03 PM »

I was inspired and converted by this car in it's day, as well as another maroon and silver one with matching Jag XJS filler caps cut into the tops of the rear quarters that featured in Street Machine (?) in 1984.

I had a hot EH at the time, but new I had to make the  change ovef after that Cool

JFK
Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 06:34:02 PM »

I think it belonged to a bloke called Bob Ljubic. Had deep dish US Racer mags. I loved it too, except the flared rear wheel arches. Martyn
jfk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 10:40:27 PM »

8)Yeah, that's the guy.......... it was a sweet ride. 

JFK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: