FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 17, 2024, 12:47:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: whats with photobucket  (Read 2303 times)
jimmys57

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2006, 06:46:09 AM »

hey guys and girls...now look,im doing everything that ret says about photobucket,ive got an account,i do it all correctly,i get an uploading thingy,but gees,i waited two hours for one photo to upload!...had to give up....how long does it take to load photos in the thing?Huh...or am i screwing up?..i only have dial up,but geees!(ive done two gees now,coz im stressed)...i mean gees!...i want to show you all my FE,but geeeees!....Cheers jimmys57
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 07:24:14 AM »

try it again, it should only take a minute, it only takes a couple of seconds with adsl

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 10:30:29 AM »

Jimmys57,

you might find that its the size of the pics you're trying to post....it can take a while on dial-up for a large file (say 2 or 3 Mb) ....and then photobucket has to resize the pic to store it as it has a limit (64K I think)...so that takes a while too (but not two hours!)

If you want to try it again, reduce your pics to about 60K in a photo editor and try again....should take no more than a couple of minutes on dial-up

cheers....Brad
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 11:09:33 AM »

Photobucket has a 250k limit per pic.
If it is bigger than this, photobucket will down size it.
Do as the others say, and resize before uploading. It will be much quicker. I just uploaded some pics, and an individual pic on dial up took about 30 seconds.....geeeees.
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 11:11:00 AM by custom_fc » Logged

jimmys57

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 11:33:16 PM »

Hey all...Yeah,you were right...pics were way too big.Wife had a go,saw where i was going wrong,called me an idiot and fixed it for me........I just KNEW she would come in handy one day!.....anyhow thanks guys,pics are now in Gallery page.........Cheers Jimmy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: