FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:17:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: One Really hot red.  (Read 2076 times)
Addo

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2006, 10:40:14 AM »

I've got a 202 that came out of a methonol burning track car. It was running triple, dual throat mechanical injection. Has a cam that would kill, roller rockers, high volume sump with a pick up hosed from the lowpoint running through a filter mounted to the skirt of the car. It only did a half dozen laps since it was built and I was going to wind it down a little and put it in the FC but when I did a compression test cold and on the bench it read 250 psi per pot!!! That is a lot of compression considering the standard high compression 202 runs about 180 to185 psi (I think from memory). I changed my mind when I found this out and relised a standard inlet manifold was left with about 2 mm all round from falling in the head. I am going to pull it apart one day and see what it is really made of. You've got to love a really hot red! Cool
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 10:57:39 AM »

I would be finding a meatier manifold and sticking in a decompression plate, changing the sump and throwing it in.
or if you have a hot red head you could use that.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:58:37 PM »

PM me if you still have the injection and would like to part with it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: