FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 11:15:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: TRAX FE TAXI?????  (Read 5142 times)
minifcvan
« on: June 21, 2006, 09:12:29 PM »

hi can someone tell me if this IS a trax model.Ive looked in my trax book and cant find it(got the first book) ive never seen one before not that it means much cheers mark                                                                                                                                             http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MINT-1-43-FE-HOLDEN-TAXI-DeLuxe-Red-Cabs-No-Box_W0QQitemZ7042359093QQcategoryZ21529QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 10:00:12 PM »

No it is not a Trax model , Trax never did a FE Taxi. Its from a set called Taxis of the World. BUT Its DEFINATELY NOT a Trax model.. Cheers SLIM

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 10:02:20 PM »

Mark,
Definitely not Trax.  They are Delprado, made in China and are tin, rather than die cast.  Still looks Ok.  Delprado did a taxis of the world series I think.  This is a copy of an FC taxi that Trax did, but done here as an FE.
They come up reasonably frequently on ebay - you will find one in buy it now as well as one for auction at the moment I think.
Cheers,
David

ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 10:09:33 PM »

Also, no 1956 Sydney taxi would have had the rego plate that this carries - SNM 998, white on black.
David

minifcvan
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 10:16:57 PM »

thanks guys for that you saved me some cash
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 10:27:12 PM »

It must have a rare cross flow head too - the exhaust is on the other side Wink

Not much of a copy is it? lacks the charm of early Micro models. Its a shame the vendor doesn't fess up that it isn't Trax until the middle of the blurb.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 04:04:41 AM »

It's not a faithful copy, but it's very interesting.  When you look at it real close, instead of the usual "Special" badge you would expect to find on the quarters, it has the "Holden" script with wattle highlights from the front of the original FE brochure.

So although it's a Sydney De Luxe taxi like the Trax model, I don't think it was a blatant rip-off.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 10:34:53 AM »

More info in this thread from a few years ago.
http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=models;action=display;num=1071471609

Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: