FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 08, 2024, 05:16:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: All Holden Day - Hawkesbury  (Read 4938 times)
deno

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2006, 09:27:43 AM »

Tried to access a registration form from the All Holdenday website  for the All Holden Day at Hawkesbury in August, but access to the site has been denied as I am not a member so I emailed them but I have had no response yet.

Can anyone tell me is there another way to obtain a form as time is running out.

Cheers
Deno
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 09:15:11 PM »

Deno,

I can email you one?

Graham Fuller sent me one today, was discussed at the meeting last nite

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 10:23:40 AM »

Hey Ed.
Please email 1 to me also.
Thanks.

custom@idx.com.au

Regards
Alex

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 09:03:07 PM »

The All Holden day entry form can be downloaded from the web site.
http://www.allholdenday.com.au/

Cheers,
Graham
PS Alex I have emailed you the PDF.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 09:03:57 PM by graham_fuller » Logged
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 10:21:35 AM »

Thanks Ed and Graham.
Regards
Alex

Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 10:45:17 AM »

Hi All.

This one should probably be in Rants, Raves and Dummy Spits, because that is what it is.

I just received an entry form for the All Holden Day. I have never been before, so as you might expect,  I was shocked to find the entry fee to be $33 - if you get your entry in on time!!

Of course its perfectly ok, because it includes yet another t shirt I couldn't possibly wear in public, just like most of the others I've accumulated over the past 25 years.

What is going on? Holdens are supposed to be everypersons car, not elite, no bullshit.

How is it that this is more expensive than the CMC display at Eastern Creek, which attracts 1700 odd cars? more expensive than a ticket to the Sydney Motor Show, all for the priviledge of travelling to Windsor and entertaining the visitors.

Am I missing something? This is the most expensive car show I've ever attended, including the indoor ones, where I don't provide the entertainment - for heaven sake even the Ferrari concours is free.

Apparently they get 400 cars to this event - imagine how many might turn up if the entry fee was reasonable Shocked

Time for a rethink?

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »

being a tight arse, a couple of times years ago I parked near a gate, people saw my car and I had money for the swap meet, anyway you get other junk like mugs, posters and advertising brochures too.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 09:16:57 PM »

I just sent my entry form in.

yeah $35 does seem steep. Makes the Nats a bargain really.

It's my first time entered so I would of entered anyway just to have my car on the oval.

i put in $35 into the petrol tank this morning and got no goodies bag so yeah why not.

cheers

Ed

in the shed
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 09:41:47 PM »

Hi
 All the money raised on the  weekend goes to charity after all the incurring expenses for the weekend which is not cheap. The shirts are going to be different this year.
WAYNE
craiga
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 10:04:44 PM »

Its cheaper to park in North Sydney for the day, and there's concrete under your car instead of grass and dirt  Tongue

Lots of people are happy to get the goodies bag, and that's what I guess you are paying for, along with the dreaded public liability insurance.

Maybe they should have an option on the entry form for those who want the T-Shirt/Mug and a bag load of advertising and those who don't. Surely it would be simpler for the organisers to lessen the amount of 'goodies' bags they have to prepare?

All in all its a good day out, plenty of cars, relaxed atmosphere, and a reasonably good swapmeet.

Cheers,

Craig.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 05:21:42 AM »

I appreciate it costs money to stage the event.  I know the money raised goes to charity and I have no doubt that the charities in question are worthwhile.  However, I also think think the fee is too steep.

Last year they raised $30,000.

450 cars x $30 = $13,500.  Even if they all paid the late entry on the day that's still only 450 x $40 = $18,000.  So there must be a lot of money coming in from the gate entry, sponsorship, swap meet site fees, etc to leave a surplus over $30K once the expenses are taken out.

And if you turn up on the day and pay the $40 rate, you don't even get the T-shirt, mug and goodie-bag!  How can that be justified?  How many more cars would turn up just for the show 'n' shine if the on-the-day entry was $20 I wonder?  It's not like the site is short of space: they might make more money!

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: