FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:21:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 186 motor quistion?  (Read 4908 times)
keithu
« on: July 28, 2002, 10:46:44 AM »

Hi guys ive just bought an ek holden  still looking for fe or fc too thow any how can you tell me any of you guys run the 186 on unleaded with lube kit fitted  to the carby , for uper lubracation  flash lube or morries,
is this ok or would you recomend i stick to lrp fuel leaded.
please if anyone can give me some good advice id like to here from you  cheers keith.   ???keithu@justinternet.com.au

fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2002, 12:22:18 PM »

hey keith.  I've been told these tips by many people  and have friends that use these methods regarding the running of unleaded fuel. It is possible with these motors to run the fuel  straight out of the pump with no mods. It will take such a long time before any difference is experienced in the running of the motor that new guides, seals etc will probably have been needed anyhow. Another cheap mod (around $80) is the use of the flash lube set-up which you talked about. This is extra insurance to prolong the life of the valve area when using the unleaded fuel.
hope it helps
keithu
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2002, 02:24:55 AM »

::)Hi fc van  thanks for your note's yeah it seems the way to go i here  well thanks  for the info   what do you run your holden on by the way  Huh unleaded or lrp ??. Wink
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2002, 05:00:10 AM »

Hi Keith,unleaded is cheaper and so are holden heads
every 100000kms.
              cheers     BRAD....
Grin

1959 Black Std sedan
keithu
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2002, 09:15:13 AM »

Hey brad way to go hey  yeah i get the drift he he
every 100,ooo klms cool. way to go . ok well im sure itll be ok then .  do you run unleaded in your holden brad as well Huh Shocked
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2002, 08:11:08 AM »

hey keith,

i actually got a quote from perfectune for a yella terra "gas head". cost is less than $500 and comes with all the hardened bits to enable you to run on any fuel you like plus all the benefits of the porting and polishing which you get with a yella terra head. this is the way i have chosen to go when the time comes [not too long i hope]

hope this helps

denis
Graeme

one of thses days my wagon will be finished.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2002, 09:06:50 AM »

Hi Keith,

I also had a 186 but was thinking the greenies are going to win and ULP will be all we can get soon (apart from gas) so I chickened out and put a VL Commodore RB30 injected motor and 4 speed auto in.  

Bloody expensive when compared to some of the above solutions, but the motor was there and the empty space in the garage was just too tempting.........

Graeme
keithu
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2002, 09:21:40 AM »

hey sound like a good idea to do  whats the full cost  you said under5 oo mhh well thats pretty cool , so dennis what kinda  ol girl you got mate  thanks for the info too hey  cheers keith
keithu
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2002, 09:29:07 AM »

Hi Graham  im running my 186 on ulp know and its doing ok no problems  i use the lube upper cylinder too . so your  a bit of a comodore man hey mhh  he he well ill stick too the old motors basic and easy hey but sure sounds like youve got the  problem licked there he he cheers mate . keith well i guess if you got it use it hey . Cool
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2002, 06:24:34 AM »

gidday keith

cant remember exact amount but i think it was about $450. i spoke to one of thr techs at perfectune in moorabbin vic [youll have to check in phone book]

i havnt bought the head yet so cant tell you how it will go but it is going onto a 186 from a low mileage ht holden i was given and will be going into a 1958 fe with hr front end & disc brakes coupled to an m20 box and 2.78 diff so should cruise very nicely. ive got all the bits and im nearly finished building the garage so all i have to do is just do it. i also have a gas kit so will be running dual fuel [lpg and ulp].

progress reports will be forthcoming so be patient but stay tuned

denis
« Last Edit: August 03, 2002, 06:30:05 AM by FEHOLDEN » Logged
keithu
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2002, 10:19:38 AM »

Hi Denis ill keep my winkers open  for your progress report on the convertion  cheers keith. mean while any other guys out there got any feed back they 'd like to add to this discution cheers again keith Cool stayin cool .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: