FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 10:21:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE Holden Original Print from Launch  (Read 4064 times)
FCFCFC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2006, 08:12:46 AM »

Greetings all,

I have one original print of the FE when launched on stage on 19th July 1956. This was a week and a bit before the first public outing for the car on 30th July 1956.

As it is an ORIGINAL print, copyright is held by the owner (not me). Those who wish to purchase this print must understand it is illegal to copy the picture in any way (including for club newsletters etc).

Print size is a bit smaller than A4, black and white of course and printed on good quality archival photographic paper using quality fixer.

Print was used in various newspapers/magazines from the time - so you're sure to have seen it before.

There is only one original print available. The photographer is no longer with us, and the negative cannot be found.

I believe it was taken for the Argus - though cannot confirm this, despite my best endeavours to find out.

Asking $150 - there's only one available, and you won't get this print anywhere else.

Own a piece of history!

I can be emailed at vicsr 071 (at) yahoo dot co dot uk
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 08:14:48 AM by FCFCFC » Logged
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 09:20:32 AM »

Hi FCFCFC,

As advertsing material, this photo is in the public domain.

Rather than spend the whole post talking about copyright, perhaps you would like to show our members the photo, so they can decide if they would like to buy it?

If it's so valuable, why not put it on ebay?

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 09:56:19 AM »

The laws of copyright apply to works which are still within the period of copyright protection. For most types of published works including photographs, this period is the life of the creator plus 50 years. An exception to this is a photograph taken before 1 May 1969. Copyright in such a photograph lasts 50 years from when it was taken. This means that photographs taken before 1956 are out of copyright.

Material which is not published (that is, copies of it have not been made available to the public) remains in copyright for perpetuity.

Material which is out of copyright is said to be in the 'public domain' and may be used freely.

As for the price......I own 5 original photos (3FC, 2FE) that were bought off ebay at seperate times. The most I paid for 1 photo was $40. Each of these can be authenticated by the original stamps on the back. Don't want to put off anyone concidering buying, as these pics are rare and are worth what someone is willing to pay for them.
Regards
Alex

ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 08:37:12 PM »

Hi FCFCFC,
What view is shown in the photo?  I have 2 of these for the FE launch.  One is a three quarter rear view/driver's side and the other is front on.  The front on shot is great.  There is a young guy in the driver's seat and a young woman in the passenger's seat eyeing the driver off.  He looks like he doesn't know where to look.
On the back of both is a stamp for Athol Smith Illustrative Photography, an address and then individual code numbers.
They are great old photos.  Like Alex, I got mine on ebay.
Cheers,
David

FCFCFC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 04:21:13 AM »

Hi Guys,

As discussed - the photo IS copyright, so a description will have to suffice...

It's the car on stage, with greenery in the foreground and a curtain in the background. It was taken before the launch, there are no people in the shot. It is NOT a publicity/media shot - it's a private shot.

The camera position is about 5 metres away from the car, about 1 metre higher than the car and at 45 degrees to the driver's door. So you're looking down from the front at about 45 degrees, so you can see all the driver's side and all the front of the car.

The car itself is very shiny! Smiley

Hope this helps!
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 04:31:49 AM »

Is the photo Colour?If yes what colour is the car?
Cheers,
Graham
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 10:40:18 AM »

Hey Graham.
Print size is a bit smaller than A4, black and white of course and printed on good quality archival photographic paper using quality fixer.

You must have missed this line.
Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: