FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:58:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 4hammers in Melbourne for the day  (Read 13432 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 01:06:47 AM »

Hi RET.
Essendon colours actually Grin Well, Chesnut Brown & Sealing Wax Red (Odd name for a red, but pretty!).
Yes, it has Genuine factory Safaris. Which, in the scheme of things, are as rare as a Smiths Clock in an FC (Plently have them fitted aftermarket, repos).
It IS a bloody tight fit. I measured about 5 times. Worried the roof was going to clip on the way in. Once in, nice.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006, 02:27:53 AM »

Tongue :PI'm still trying to get over the "male bonding".  I'll have nightmares forever Embarrassed Embarrassed Grin

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 05:03:50 AM »

Rob,
Have you really thought this through.  You must be the forum member with the biggest target in the centre of his/her chest or back - you cop so much at times and now you get yourself a van with a great big target slap bang in the middle of the front.
What a smart looking van though.  You must be chuffed to have that in the garage - well done.
And next time I come to Tas I might have to take you up on that general invitation to drop by and meet you and see your cars.
Cheers,
David

-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2006, 05:08:30 AM »

i have to say hammer boy as much as i dont get into hitlers revenge mobiles that is 1 nice looking unit
have fun

kiwi
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2006, 07:21:45 AM »

Hi.
Kathy.
Hmmmm, yes, I gave MYSELF a scare after I wrote that. Sometimes I go too far Embarrassed :-/ Shocked

David.
Seems I must like getting flak. Like to make myself an easy traget. Gives me an excuse to have some fun at everyone elses expense.
When you are down, by all means, drop in. I have 2 more of these babies on the way. A great big shed to put them in & plenty of time for fun. The ACT are a good crew. Give my regards to the others at the next club meeting.

Kiwi.
I heard that name the other day. "Hitlers Revenge". It is good. They can be a real pain if you don't maintain them, but if you do, they are all cool & so easy to work on.

RET.
I meant to also say, I scored the best set of plates for this puppy. "KOMBI" was still available! Shocked Even the fella who checked when I asked thought I was dreaming. He looked it up & couldn't believe it. It WAS once in use, but went out of rego & didn't get renewed. 6 week wait though :-/

Rob J

Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2006, 11:30:55 AM »

Great looking vehicle Rob.  Is the inside as good as the out- ?

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2006, 01:20:19 PM »

Hi Rob.

Love the Bus, the colours are sensational.

Enjoy the crosswinds Grin

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2006, 08:31:19 PM »

Hi guys

Martin.
yes, the interior is good, actually, that is probably the highlight of the bus. Awesome inside. Have a look at this link. It is to a thread someone started on the bus on the Kombi club forum. http://kombiclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1495
He knows the bus well & was the one who encouraged me to buy it sight unseend.

John.
Yes, those crosswinds can be a little "Interesting" to say the least. This one runs 68 running gear though, with an "Indian automotive" IRS system on the rear & a ssuperbug gearbox. All sounds good & makes it handle real well.

Rob J

TAYZ
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2006, 03:12:03 AM »

HHHmmmmm..........
                                 Must say Rob I'm not into German vehicles but I had a look at the above link and i must say that is one nice looking old rig.  I bet you had to sell a few cream cakes to purchase the ol girl!

TAYZ
TAYZ
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2006, 03:15:05 AM »

Forgot to mention it would look absolutely s%$t hot dropped about 4-5 inches!!  ( I reckon one of those ol split windows kustomised would really fit the bill!!)

TAYZ
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2006, 06:51:15 AM »

Hi Tayz.
Lots & LOTS of cream cakes, you can bet. Shocked
I am buying 3, for a small business thing I have on the go.
Have number 2 already & number 3 is being built.
Number 3 is the "Modified" one. VERY cool, with everything brand spankers. Running the best gear, with a nice set of polished "Fuchs". This baby will be the one that scrapes the pavement. May be installing an airbag system! I have to sell one of the kids for that though & I am pretty attached to them.......but then again, it would look cool! Wink

Rob J

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: