FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:46:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: centre console.  (Read 13517 times)
HARKO
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 09:22:58 AM »

Fitzpatrick's FC has a real boxy design that works in with the whole interior from memmory (SRVLIVES) Smiley
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 12:21:59 PM »

I havent done much drawing since leaving school and just realised how out of practice I am so this may look a little out of proprtion and skewif.
here are some of the ideas I had in mind and have already purchased the materials for.
I have 1" pipe to make the frame ( I also have a pipe bender.), the tv fascia will need to be made from scratch, to get the aluminium I wanted I had to buy a bbq tool set in a aluminium case.
The tv would be quicker to set up if I have the tuning control on the side of the console and already has a rca video input for the dvd player, it is black and white and cost $29.
I first planned to have the guages, switces, knobs , telephone and tv below the dash but the shifter is mounted to high.
the telephone can be recessed into the console by 1.5", it is a early black backerlite one wich I eventually plan to fit a port-o-rotary module to so I can use it with a modern sim card.
I am not sure if a warmer / cooler will fit as there is less room than I thought when you put the seats in but it looks like it should and they are only around $35, thats the part I still dont have.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 12:56:10 PM »

Hey Leon.
Nothing wrong with your drawing skills, looks like something Barris would have penned on a napkin over lunch.  Wink
Regards
Alex

SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 08:10:50 PM »

Fitzpatrick's FC has a real boxy design that works in with the whole interior from memmory (SRVLIVES) Smiley

?

I can't find any online pics of Fitzy's

fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 07:29:42 AM »

Although I tip my hat to fitzy pulling of multiple grand champion wins, I dont really go for the street machine or hi tech style that much. most of the styling in this car will be late fifties / early sixties custom style.
hopefully the car will end up looking like someone picked up all the napkins at a table that the Barris brothers, Daryl Starbird, Bill Hines, Joe Bailon, Bill Cushenberry had lunch at and found them all to have drawings and used the Ideas when they came to Australia and bought a Holden.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Duds

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2007, 11:32:10 PM »

sorry to drag up an old thread but I'm looking for a simple console. Small and neat. About the width of the centre piece and through to the back of the ute between buckets, so not very wide. Am not a crashhot manufacturer so was wondering has anyone any ideas that can be purchased from the wreckers? 5 speed celica box
Ok, that all very vague...but would appreciate any pics that were about Smiley
Cheers
David
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2007, 12:25:11 AM »

I used a console out my old 929 wagon (mids 70's?) in my wife's ute.
You would think it was made for it considering it fit without mods over the Aussie 4spd shifter and Torana handbrake.

sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2007, 05:22:08 AM »

A bit of 3mm mdf/ply and some fibre glass/carbon fibre worked for me.

JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 06:54:51 AM »

I used a type of plastis that you can form by heat and then once cool holds its form. Then covered with fabric, basically you can get a bit of curve into those flat peices after all/

Cheers
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
Kat58

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 07:40:12 AM »

Just do it like you planned to with tube but come straight down a coupla inches or whatever for clearance
and thendo a coupla tight 90degree bends to bring it out th distance and then go straight down into th consul
shape.
I guarantee this'll still look period but Trick enuf to still
stand out from th rest and hey - presto it'll look neat.
Kat58

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 07:49:30 AM »

Its got me to thinking that tho I can dig ya consul designs but they look hauntingly similar to th tube consul in guru's EK kustom cept his only flow to th seats and wrap under th dash for a touch of corvette.
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 12:10:37 PM »

Just out of interest, when I was tinkering with fitting a centre console, the console out of a 1984 Ford Telstar/Mazda 626 works a treat, it almost fits perfectly, and accommodates a floor shift and floor handbrake in an FC, providing you have bucket seats.

An easier fit still is the centre console out of a 1997 Daihatsu Charade - it's a small, nifty little object which will fit between a pair of buckets and accommodate a floor shift.

Just my two cents.

Grin

Regards,

Ol Girl 58
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: