FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 08:13:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: How to: fit hose to wiper jets.  (Read 1698 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« on: January 25, 2006, 12:43:46 AM »

Hi guys,

Sick of your water jets spraying the back of your new or restored guages?

Is ur ECU getting a shower every time you hit the washers?

I discovered a neat way to join hose to the wiper jet inlets (situated under the wiper pivot block) tucked way up under the dash.  without the need of messy silicone or large, difficult to reach clamps which don't really fit.

What you will need (available at bunnings or any good garden centre or nursery).

4mm TEE barb fitting (x2)
4mm irrigation hose (2 metres)
super glue

the problem:  getting non-standard hose to fit tightly over the metal tube to prevent water leaking over the back of the dashboard and glove box area.

solution:  Place a barbed plastic tip on the metal tube to allow the 4mm irrigation hose to slide over having a good positive seal.

procedure: Cut a barbed end off a T piece.

Drill out the barbed end to suit the OD of the metal tube.

Super glue the barbed end onto the metal tube.

slide the hose over the barb.

DONE.

the 4mm hose can then be joined to any other washer hose by a simple vacumm hose outer sheath or connector barb.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 01:52:20 AM »

nice one ed, another little trick i found was to use some silicon air hose for fish tanks found at most pet shops. this stuff will not get brittle and crack. handy if you have relocated the washer bottle. i used this mated it up to a barbed T piece then ran some black tubing up to the jets and a bit of silicon just to make sure everything is sweet. and nice dry feet.

the job is a whole lot easier without the cowl vent in place Wink

dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: