FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:11:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: seat belts, ute, bench  (Read 2009 times)
Jonno

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2006, 07:43:29 AM »

Hi,
Has anyone any experience of fitting inertia reel belts to a ute with bench seat. In particular:

1. if you put the reel on the shelf behind the seat (seems like the easiest option) does the belt cut into your neck?
2. if you manage to weld a suitable mount into the B-pillar (the other option), is there room for the reel at the base of the B-pillar? If not where else can you put the reel?
3. Did anyone (Craig A?) ever find out about the 'Streetwise' system described here?:

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=repro;action=display;num=1082547303;start=

any thoughts (and photos) most appreciated.

Jonno

Cottles Bridge, VIC
utey

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 03:29:18 AM »

Jonno
I fitted some to an EK ute but I guess it would be similar.
I used Securon belts as the reel unit is very small and fits on the floor beside the seat with just enough room with the seat fully back.
I drilled a hole in the pillar to position the top of the belt
Welded a nut on to a piece of 3mm plate and then pushed the plate into the void between th inner and outer skin, I then bolted the plate in position. Then drilled 4 small holes in the inner skin and spot welded to the plate.
For added strength  I welded a piece  of 1.6mm plate to the inner skin. Maybe should have done some more work to the floor used 3mm plate 50x50 mm
Works great and looks good.

Nick

If it was easy would it be so much fun!
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 04:21:44 AM »

many thanks Nick,

Did you fix the reel to the floor or the base of the pillar? Don't suppose you have a photo?

Jon

Cottles Bridge, VIC
utey

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 05:07:41 AM »

fixed reel to the floor.
Can email some pics of finished set up
Dont think I post on this site

Nick

If it was easy would it be so much fun!
Pages: [1]   Go Up