FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 05:31:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HR FRONT END  (Read 2950 times)
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2005, 01:43:58 PM »

hi guys. just need a few questions answered

what is available new for the hr front end? and where is it available from, and the same for the drag link

also, how dificult is it to fit a hk colum with a hk gts steering wheel?, i just feel that the gts rim looks much better....anyone out there got a hk colum? hehe

regards
Darcy

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 02:00:10 AM »

springs, shocks, balljoints, bearings, rotors, caliper kits, tie rod ends all available from Bursons, Repco etc. Rares do a changeover drag link set up.
I assume you want to fit the column to a rack?  It is pretty straight forward to fit a HK column to the FC.  Very difficult to install a HK steering box though.  You would be best to cut the FC steering column off the box and convert the FC steering box to take the HK column if you were not using a rack.
Ken
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 04:05:53 AM »

i just feel that the gts rim looks much better....

Yeah, but $400+ looks much better in your pocket!  Shocked

fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 04:24:01 AM »

gee, i cant say I have ever looked at some ones pocket and thought " wow that $400 looks nice in that pocket"

But there are a lot of steering wheels around if you are prepared to spend $100 plus, you might find some 60's US muscle cars have wheels for the same or less and will probably fit.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 04:29:11 AM by fccool59 » Logged

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 04:51:05 AM »

another look at ebay proves me wrong with some corvette wheels going over US$500, that is for a flat 50's to 62 corvette repro wheel that would be the ultimate wheel I guess for a FC column being sporty and flat. (not in your face)

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 06:55:33 AM »

thanks guys

ken we will not be fitting a rack, but i was told that to fit a hk colum/box the hardest part is drilling a hole, as one on the box doesnt line up? then simply re inforce it?

shane/leon , i know $415 is alot of $$, but the look of a hk gts rim in a fc looks the part!! Grin

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 09:28:30 AM »

One of the bolts doesn't line up - thats right, but it is fresh air - not over the chassis.  So you actually have to build some chassis then drill a hole in it.
Ken
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 09:33:14 AM »

bugger....

how hard is it to fit a hk gts rim to an ek colum? seems ek would be much easier....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 09:33:59 AM by torquefc » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: