FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:34:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Ute seat(s)?  (Read 2668 times)
Ute-opia

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2002, 11:15:41 PM »

well, my 1959 FC ute is finally at the panel beaters and I'm trying to line up the bits for it when it comes out in about 5 weeks......with that in mind, my wife, who knows everything, tells me that FC utes never had individual seats, they had a bench.  I've got bucket seats with a console between them on the floor to hide stuff in and against the back wall is a matching sort of a box with steroeo speakers in it.  The seats look pretty old to me and the ute is pretty original in most respects so I just assumed the seats were original too.  I still haven't been able to lay my hands on one single photo of an original FC ute interior so I would appreciate it if in the short term someone could give me the good oil or bench/bucket/optional and for future reference if anyone has a photo or two of an original interior???  
Thanks a million.

howie mcquarrie
howie@regcap.com
(m) 040404-44-33
(h) 03-9646-1884
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 05:31:16 AM »

Mate,

Your wife is correct.  No FC of any bodystyle had bucket seats, in fact no Holden prior to the EJ had 'em.  And having said that, I doubt they were an option in any ute until well into HQ-WB era.  I stand to be corrected on the latter, of course.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2002, 10:43:54 AM »

What state are you in - I have a zillion photos of FC and FE exterior & interior (OK I exaggerated - I only have a million) Grin

I'm in Victoria

Ken
Ute-opia

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2002, 08:48:45 PM »

Thanks muchly for confirming that my wife is a supreme knowledge base.  She has admitted the only reason she knows so much about early Holdens is because her dad and 2 uncles, all from Footscray, owned and crashed every model, so she had dozens of examples rusting away in the backyard as a tiny-tot.

I'm in Port Melbourne and would appreciate any opportunity to view the photos Ken.  I'm happy to scan them and stick them on this web site or my own if the club would find benefit!?!  

Please give me ahoy on 0414-713-090!

howie mcquarrie
howie@regcap.com
(m) 040404-44-33
(h) 03-9646-1884
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: