FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:56:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: numbers existing  (Read 2545 times)
fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2002, 11:05:38 AM »

hi everyone.  Just a quick question. I'm curious as to how many fc vans would still be around in Australia. Does anyone know if there is a way to find out possibly through regos/licensing or something.  I'm sure others are curious about other model early holdens also. Would like to know if possible to find out.
thanx

miikael
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2002, 04:24:37 PM »

Hi,
I don't think there is any ONE place to find out that sort of info, you would have to approach all of the seperate State & Territory authorities & do some sort of search. Huh
Being government, it would cost you!! Cry
The only person who would be able to give any kind of estimate is "King Ken" Grin
He has been compiling info for years, but I imagine he will tell you the same thing. You will be hard pressed to get even an approximate figure.
Goodluck,
4hammers

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 01:42:28 AM »

I think that it was Ken who gave me the approximate number of FE Vans registered in OZ... 12 in total, so he may be able to help you out with FC Vans. I would also be interested.

Regards
Jason  Grin

Phone +64 223509263
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2002, 07:46:27 AM »

when you get the number of registered fc windowless panelvans in oz . count me .. I own astock  van and am in Sydney      .SLIM         Am also very curios on this question.....  Is any one really counting

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2002, 10:06:50 AM »

Yep - I'm counting.  Here is what I have on FC vans
highest number is 10192 A
vans were only built in SA so easy to keep count
This number would be very close to the total as the van this number belongs to is late Dec 1959
Let's say 10200 vans in total as about it.
I have 57 vehicles recorded in my collection, of which about 23 are in driveable (not all registered - but could be eventually) condition.
Obviously there are more out there such as the one that Slim has got (would love to get the details of your van Slim if you don't mind- send me a message if you like)

Adobe Beige
Cambridge Blue
India Ivory
Ascot Grey
PMG Red (Post Office vehicle)
Commission Grey (SECV vehicle)
Skyline Blue
Duchess Green
Granite Grey
Cape Ivory
Black
Ice Green
Hialeah Green
Volcanic Grey

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2002, 10:14:24 AM »

Sorry - continued

Interior colours
Dravo Green
Fall Red
Cordon Brown
Mesa Tan
Peasant Blue

I have people all over Aus who collect numbers from cars they see for me and I probably have all the ones which have been on the road for a while but I don't know about ones being built or just finished

I guess that there would have to be between 50 and 75 vans that would still be on the road and probably double that that could still make it back onto the road

A lot more than FE I can be sure of that because the FE van went for such a short time.

Hope this is of interest

Regards    Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: