FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:24:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Speedo  (Read 4484 times)
Phantom

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2005, 06:47:10 AM »

G'day all,
               Was browsing through ebay and came across this 1954 Chev Belaire , the speedo caught my eye, looks identical to the FC speedo doesn't it?

Bogans rule
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 06:48:20 AM »

my speedo
                           Bogan

Bogans rule
craiga
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 07:28:32 AM »

Bogan,

Good spotto, I'm sure they also share door handles and window winders, but what else?

Any takers?

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 07:29:10 AM by craiga » Logged
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 01:57:14 AM »

Good chance that the arm rests are the same as FE.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 02:05:16 AM »

FE Interior arm-rests are the same as contemporary Chev.  So are locks and ignition barrels IIRC (although that may only be locally assembled ones).

The question is though, is that speedo original in the Chev?  There are quite a few vehicles with 5" speedos around, that probably have the same internals and different faces/pointers.  On the other hand, I've got a picture somewhere of an FC speedo with a trip-meter in it, taken in the early 60s.  No explanation of how or why.  I assumed it was a modified FC one using internals from another speedo, but if this one here is original Chev equipment, maybe the trip-meter version was an accessory?

Hmmm....

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 05:34:35 AM »

handbrake handles, glove box locks (as well as the door ones), bonnet hinges look very similar, ignition and other switches....

these and lots of other repro stuff which looks applicable to FE/FC available here:

http://www.danchuk.com/

I think this has been mentioned before...apologies if it has

Jonno  Shocked

Cottles Bridge, VIC
craiga
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 07:22:40 AM »

Good one Jonno, how about these parts:

« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 07:23:13 AM by craiga » Logged
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 07:51:40 AM »

cool....makes you just wanna go out and blow lots of dosh!
Jonno Grin
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 07:52:28 AM by Jonno » Logged

Cottles Bridge, VIC
craiga
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 08:40:54 AM »

Just downloaded and browsed over 170 pages of brand new reproduction Chev parts - amazing. New everything, including complete floors, guards, rear quarters, bumper bars - you could build a brand new car almost. It also quite scary to see how many parts, particularly the smaller items, are the same as our models. Prices are fairly reasonable as well, the new handbrake handle lists for under $20.00 US, how much did the last 50 year old NOS one go for on eBAY. More than triple that from memory.

Thanks for posting the link Jonno.

Cheers,

Craig.
parisian62

Feelin free, in a 61 FB.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 10:00:13 PM »

This thread got me thinking too...where do all the 55-56-57 Chev owners get parts from?  A look at the NSW  Club site, lists the following link as a supplier http://www.chevparts.com.au/.  A limited online catalogue is available to view. They are located at 9 Yennora Ave Yennora. Ph 9892 1686.   A call this morning I spoke to Ian who confirmed danchuk as one of a number of Chev suppliers they receive parts from.  They receive daily airfreights.  He did say for Holden owners it would be best to come in so the parts can be accurately matched.

Stewart
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 06:22:15 AM »

Googling around for 54 Chev images, I found this:

Not real clear, but it does look like the same speedo, doesn't it?  And seeing how they're cars for sale in the states, it pretty much rules out being GM-H Aussie assembled I think.  Not to mention being left-hook...

cheers
RET
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:23:05 AM by ret » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
knickers
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 06:50:12 AM »

The Filling Station (http://www.fillingstation.com/) is another good site for bits - look at 55-56-57 Chev parts - here is a sample

Hose clamp   Door lock knob Earthstrap
Emblem retainer clip
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:52:24 AM by knickers » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: