FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 05, 2024, 05:30:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE guards on FC  (Read 2306 times)
MikeM
wa-club

My v6 "upgrade" was about better brakes :(

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2005, 03:57:56 AM »

Anyone used an FE guard on an FC? I am trying to, but want to understand if I need to make any serious modifications.  I can see where the indicator housing mounts to the guard will need padding to bring it up a little at the bottom, but the hole for the wiring, will I need to move it, it looks too low on visual inspection but I dont have the room to have a distant look for line-up.

Anyone had any issues with this?
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 09:43:01 AM »

Yes indicator hole needs to be moved, you may also need to gently massage the shape of the guard where the FC indicator wraps around.  you will probably need to use strategically placed washers between the FC park light & the guard in order to make the indicator line up with the grille.

Ken
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 09:49:48 AM »

hey mate, are you planning on running an fc grile with fe guards, is it me of does this not sound right?

what about the bottom bar of the grill

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 09:52:50 AM »

That is what ken is talking about in the post above yours Darcy.

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
MikeM
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 12:10:31 AM »

guys,

beggars cant be choosers and this is what I have to work with.  I will have to move the car out to line up the chrome work, then cut the hole.

Thanx for the advise.

Cheers

Mike
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 08:55:57 AM »

There's no real problem using an FE guard on an FC.  You will find that the bottom of the hole sits 5mm above the seam line below the park light. The hole diameter is 22mm.
Therefore go up from the seam line 16 mm and mark a centre pop and then cut your hole.  The centre line is in line with the FE hole.
The 3 holes for mounting the light are tricky to locate, but one thing you will need to know is that the two above the seam line are slotted about 2 hole widths wide in order to install the light.

Ken
MikeM
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 12:51:44 AM »

Ken, you are an absolute legend, an oracle all things FE/FC.  I dont know how you know this stuff, but I can assure you that myself and many others in these forums are grateful for you advice.

Cheers,

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: