FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:47:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Caveat Emptor (I think that's how it goes)  (Read 2701 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: May 21, 2005, 12:22:45 PM »

A classic example of why you should research stuff that you are going to buy, especially on ebay.
The set of "cat-eye" headlight covers here - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32058&item=4551419671&rd=1
(sorry RET) are currently at $51, 5 bids with 4 days to go.

But if you head along to this little shop - http://www.kustoms.com.au/catalogue/headlightacc.html
they are yours for $28 a pair.

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 05:15:47 AM »

No need to apologise, the warning is a good one.  It's easy enough to get carried away in the heat of the "auction closes in 60secs / 55secs / 45 secs" stabbing-of-the-refresh-button, without getting ripped in the first place...

cheers
RET

(PS - that is indeed how you spell Caveat Emptor Grin)

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 06:17:57 AM »

I bought some bullet missile covers for nearly half of what they are in that little shop.
I got them from a ebay seller and ordered a bunch of stuff wich cost about US $30 to be shipped together, this included stuff like dummy spots, wiper bullets and a bunch of other little chrome bits and peices.
the amount of time I spend looking for stuff but almost doesnt make it worthwhile but I am a mega tight arse.
If I sold those covers but I would be feeling pretty bad accepting so much for something worth a third of the cost.
one rule is to never submit your bid without research and always stick to your limit unless the item is likely to never be available again.
I was after a set of vintage chrome musical note speaker grills in 4x6, I missed out on some about six weeks ago, no worries, they might be 50 years old but there was more than one set made, I just found 4 wich is how many I need for my doors, every thing is bound to come up again with patience unless its a 1 off.
I sold something once for more than what I paid for it new, I felt pretty bad and charged half the cost of the shipping to the buyer.
recently I purchased a pair of Cerwin vega car speakers from a seller in US, he found the shipping cost $2 less than what he quoted, he then refunded US $2 into my bank, I thought that was pretty honest as I had almost bought a simular pair from a online dealer with more than double the shipping cost, I got these brand new for less than half what they would cost here.
However it looks like there is a good market for these cats eye covers, maybe someone should buy a bunch and sell them on ebay.

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 07:02:38 AM »

The apologies were for the ebay link, I ran the latin through a spell-check  Grin

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 09:41:03 AM »

i just realised that I got the wrong size grilles, anyone want 6x9 speaker covers for $40. 1950's period.
anyway, there is a killing to be made in those headlight covers, I dont get it, they are so easy to get cheap.http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32058&item=4551419671&rd=1

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 09:46:42 AM »

It is a pity  the "Ask seller a question" isn't posted by default on the Auctions.

If it was, I'd love to ask the seller if the covers are the same as the ones sold for $28 odd  Grin Grin

I hate seeing people get ripped off.  Angry

This rossy70 has a good thing going, multiple sets currently at $81, $61, $71 and $33
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 09:52:33 AM by stinky » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: