FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:18:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Safe travelling  (Read 13944 times)
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2005, 09:45:33 PM »

I hope that every one has a safe trip down, up or across and a even greater weekend. I look forward to the pic's and the tale's as I am sure Bug Jum will update us unlucky one's upon his return. Also have a safe return trip. See you all at phillip island 2006.

Cheers
Sarge

P.S Ret you may wish to have this framed as I think it's the first time the three of us have hit the same post and been nice. Grin

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2005, 03:40:16 AM »

does anyone know if there are any vacancies left at the resort, I am thinking of heading down in the crappadore after midnight and staying tomorrow night.
other than that I hope it's a crappy nationals since I have missed most of it and didn't have my car ready.

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 08:04:24 AM »

You may as well use it mate, as they won't let you transfer it it to anyone else.
Cheers, Gary
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2005, 08:32:04 PM »

Ouch!!!  That hurt!!!!  Gee, thanks for your support Guys.

As you're well aware, Entries for the Nationals closed at the end of January (as per the constitution). The 10th Nats committee has busted their backsides for the last 5 years,  to ensure the entrants had an enjoyable Nats. I don't think you realise how difficult it can be for organisers to make changes at the last minute! I think the proof's in the pudding when the delegates from YOUR club told us at the delegates meeting yesterday that we just held "BY FAR, THE BEST NATIONALS EVER". These sentiments were also echoed by every other entrant throughout the weekend. Just because you can't get your act together, doesn't mean the hardworking Nat's committee needs to give you preferential treatment.

Graham  Angry
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2005, 10:48:50 PM »

if EMU KIWI or SARGE said something wrong were sorry but we WILL see you in 2006 just work commitments were against all 3 of us this year

cheers kiwi (bad mad 3some spokesbird )
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2005, 10:57:21 PM »

Didn't set out to bruise any egos, though it might be an idea to look at  entry transfer for future Nats.

Not every one has a well ordered life & rather than a place not being filled due to whatever reason it's surely better if the place can be used.  

Congrats to all who organised & attended to make it a such a sucessful Nats.

Gary
craiga
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2005, 11:58:22 PM »

I think the difficulties that entry transfers or guys turning up on the day can create can be better understood by those who attended.

To explain - the printed program contained pictures of each and every entrant, the goodies bag was embroidered with your name, and the name badges included a picture of your car - not to mention the difficulties in determining what trophies are required without reasonable knowledge of who and what is coming. Add to that the fact that the resort was only open and catered for a specific number of people and you can hopefully more easily understand the frustrations that Graham's email obviously displayed.

I'll tell you something for sure - I'll be making sure my Easters are clear in 2006 (Phillip Island) 2008 (SA), 2010 (NSW or WA) and beyond..........

Wouldn't miss it for anything.

Great job guys.

Cheers,

A recovering Craig

Grin
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2005, 12:18:52 AM »

hay everyone
i know ho unfortunae it was as many people couldnt go to the nats this easter, but does anyone know the total number of people who turned up to the nats, and where all the pics are?Huh i think every1 who dint go is anxious to see what went on

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2005, 12:32:25 AM »

Kiwi, Emu & Sarge  -  This was not at all directed at you.  The issue is with Zulu who phoned us the day before the event expecting to be able to transfer someone else's entry to himself.  As Craig A explained it is not that simple.

Zulu - I don't understand what people's egos have to do with you not being able to come to the Nationals.  

Additionally, why are you criticising the ACT Club because you didn't enter in time?  If you don't have a well organised life (as you put it), how is that the ACT Club's fault?

I think next time you are going to make comments about an issue, you should ensure you know what you are talking about.

Thanks
Kathy

« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 02:58:46 AM by Kathy » Logged
craiga
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2005, 12:47:10 AM »

Darcy,

As people return home over the next few days more and more photos will start to appear.

Prior to the event there was full details and images of all the entrants at http://www.fefcholden.org.au/nats/onlionconvoy.html

Kathy, I have known Gary (ZULU) for a long time and he doesn't have a bad bone in his body, all he needed to know was why entry transfer was such an issue. Now its been explained to him I think he will easily understand.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 12:50:48 AM by craiga » Logged
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2005, 01:44:56 AM »

Hey Kiwi, Stop trying to take credit for my outbursts.
Don't listen to Craig, I am bad to the bone Kathy but I'll take that on the chin.

Cheers, Gary

PS
See you all at Phillip Island (if I can make my mind up in time)
Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2005, 03:03:24 AM »

Maybe this is one of those instances where the absence of facial expression can cause misinterpretation.  :-/
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2005, 12:22:43 AM »

I know we can't make Vic. in 2006 .
We've already started polishing the wagon (and the caravan )ready for S.A. in 2008.

Cool Cool Cool & Cathy

polishing the wagon......... believe that and you'll believe anything

cruisin's great with a 58
old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2005, 01:22:39 AM »

Hi Surferboy & Cathy. We had our fingers crossed for you both as we turned off to the North Coast on Ringroad 7, & you headed on towards "the big smoke".
Good to see you found your way.Hope you enjoyed that promised spa Cathy!!  [if you survived the Nullabor, then I guess Sydney was a "breeze".]
Cheers Old-Blu.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 01:25:24 AM by old-blu » Logged

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2005, 09:36:05 AM »

Gday Old-Blu
Cathy enjoyed the spa so much , I now have to take her to Margaret River for her birthday this week to spend more time relaxing before we go back to work on Monday.
The drive into Sydney was easy.(but I wouldnt want to do it to often) I,m just really happy that the wagon made the whole trip without missing a beat.
(it may not be the prettiest but it gets me from A to B.....or Z)
How do I convince Cathy that we should drive to ByronBay (with the longboard of course).

Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: