FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:31:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Injected 202  (Read 18065 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2005, 09:01:23 PM »

That's interesting Leon,

Your set up sounds different, do the carbs need any mods for the supercharger.

We have the EH sitting in the shed now and are weighing up options on what to power it with.  The big ends in the 179 are shagged.

Was thinking of tossing a blue straight in.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2005, 09:33:40 PM »

Smithy, the manifold would fit, but the red-head is a 9 port as opposed to the black(Although the motor in my father's VK was red) head on the VK.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2005, 06:49:34 AM »

I didnt think it would but this guy used a 179 head becuase his engine builder said he couldnt garantee much of a power increase using the black head, quite different he has a black block and told me that the black block has a higher grade of iron, he has a vk manifold on the 179 head and uses a 179 balanced steel crank becuase his engine build told him the lighter crank would rev quicker, apparently the builder has a lot of experience in racing.
its kind of like using the opposite to everything I am using.
here is a link to his site about his car.
http://www.hr1966.tk

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2005, 06:54:11 AM »

yeah alot of people whack these things straight on a blue, they are very commonly fitted to VC and VH commodores.
the supercharger cost between $250 and $350 and are always on ebay or in import parts places.
you can buy a complete ready to bolt on kit from CRS.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2005, 06:57:58 AM »

yesterday I had the day of work, I had no car so I went out in the morning to grab a cheapy, time was getting away so I bought the first one I looked at, its a real peice of s*%t VK berlina with 6 months rego.
The car had a miss, it didnt worry me being a holden 6, how hard could it be to fix?
I have spent a day and a half trying to fix it and got stuff all done I had to do.
I started with a new set of leads wich did nothing, I then took out a couple of plugs wich appeared to be near new so I didnt bother with the rest, I found one plug to be very loose and thought that was the problem but it did nothing.
I then tried taking one lead of at a time and every time I took a lead of it seemed to run like it did with the lead on.
I then tried a different dizzy cap but still no difference, I took everything apart and drowned it in wd but still nothing, I then tried a couple of different modules but no differerence.
I put some injector cleaner in the tank and tried reving the shit out of it with the fuel return line clamped (dont know if this does anything)
I then tried disconnecting one injector at a time.
I took no.1 of and it still ran the same, I then tried no.2 and it died instantly, ahh, something is wrong with no.1, but then I tried disconnecting no.6 and noticed no difference but a surge when you reconnect it, I then tried no. 4 and it died like when no.2 was disconnected.
any one got any ideas?
if its the injectors is there any way to clear them without removing the fuel rail?
the car sounds like its running on 5 cylinders, it doesnt get better or worse through the rev range or under load, idles rough, revs rough and drives rough.

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2005, 09:24:58 PM »

sticky injector??

whip em out and get them cleaned up perhaps.

just got 8 of mine done for $160 bucks.

apparently they gum up with age anyway.

im assuming VK's are batch injected (ie all fire at once).
take the injector plug off, place a test globe in line, and check the injector is receiving the pulse, if your getting ignition, then u need fuel too. it's a good place to start...

great isnt it.. checking spark for fuel.

Cheers

Ed
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 09:47:11 PM by EH » Logged

in the shed
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: