Fuel Injected 202

<< < (3/6) > >>

blacky:
 As Ed said earlier in the piece , the Delco system is a big improvement over the Bosch system re:adjusting parameters and aftermarket go fast goodies.
As for how to make a 4cyl system fit a 6cyl donk , I havent got a clue , but I have emailed Alan back with that question so hopefully he can shed some light on the subject.

Ed:
Blacky,

the system will work with any number of cylinders.

as it is a batch injection all injectors fire simultaneously.

its just a matter of hooking up the number u need.

im not sure on what u would use for the ignition module and distributor tho. Hall Effect dizzy reqd (maybe VK EFI unit??)

u can adapt a commodore (or camira dependent on size) throttle body as well to the Holden 6 quite easily, this will have ur TPS and IAC.

sensors reqd these are all the same on any application.

MAP manifold air pressure
MAT manifold air temp
CTS coolant temp sensor
TPS throttle position sensor
VSS vehicle speed sender
O2 sensor

ECU controls
IAC idle air control
injectors
igntiion module and distributor.

Cheers

Ed

try going for a twin throttle body set up on the Holden 6, that would ne super sweet!!!

Dr_Terry:
Hi Guys.

I think the reasons he suggested using a Camira JE 2 litre system are.

1. Is they use the same 808 Delco ECU as a VN/VP etc.

2. Unlike a VN V6 they use a dissy with a reluctor (maybe you could use the VK reluctor to drive the Camira's dissy module).

3. JE Camiras are cheap & plentiful.

One point, about using all the same sensors, be careful with the TPS they come in both LH & RH rotation.

Dr Terry.

Revhead_Fc:
Whats wrong with a set of carbies seems less complicated

SRVLIVES:
I tell you what's less complicated, my wife's late model grocery getter. Starts first time, runs right on 800rpm at idle regardless of the conditions, gets good fuel consumption... and what's the difference?... electronic fuel injection.

No question what I'll be running.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page