FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 09:23:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: the risky shortcut to jindabyne (FCCOOL Tidy up)  (Read 105282 times)
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2005, 06:20:55 AM »

man my car is cactus, I started cutting the rear today, went from a little hole, then a bigger one then a bigger one then another, then another, then another layer, then another layer and before I knew it half the back of the car was little peices of rusty steel all over the ground.
why is it that every weekend the job gets 10 times bigger than it was the week before?

Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2005, 08:49:43 AM »

AH the joy of restoration

Bogans rule
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2005, 09:12:49 AM »

you should cut your loses and buy mi 219fe wagon shell less to fix then your wagon and mines rare

cheers fatboy
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 09:14:08 AM by ian_filmer » Logged

fatboy
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2005, 08:38:26 AM »

the thought crossed my mind a few times, but FECOOL plates are taken by RET

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2005, 08:49:24 AM »

I am back in action with photos, some paint has been applied to the underside to give it some protection, inside the floor is now painted with POR 15.

customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2005, 12:42:41 PM »

Hey Leon
Check out this site for supecharged red in FJ.
http://gallery.oldholden.com/daves-supercharged-fj53
Regards
alex

HARKO
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2005, 10:10:04 AM »

Leon I was having an attempt for the all Holden Day but admitted defeat early on in the piece when I decided to do more than I had planned.
I had it at the Nostalgia Drags (Best day ever) and here it is now.............
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2005, 09:04:55 AM »

Hey Harko.
I hope that's just a strip down for paint.
You have enough "projects" awaiting you attention.
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 09:10:26 AM by custom_fc » Logged

HARKO
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2005, 09:25:13 AM »

Couldnt agree with you more alex .

Just a retrim n paint and a few other mods, I hope  :-/.

Sorry to Hijack ,Leon
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2005, 08:36:29 AM »

well things have been pretty slow through the colder months but I haven't come to a complete stop. even if I have only been welding in one peice each weekend.
here is a pic of some of the rust now exposed at the back of the car, this killed the inspiration a bit but is gradually turning back to fresh steel instead of rust.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2005, 09:38:14 AM »

here is my most recent pic taken last sunday.
the box section that continues down from the rear pillars has been recreated and some of the back of the car is stuck back on.
I now smother everything Ive done in paint at the end of each day so that everywere is painted while accsessable, that is why the new stuff is grey.

FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2005, 07:37:20 AM »

i have the repair sections that go around the light
cheers fat

fatboy
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2005, 07:47:19 AM »

this weekend I set up a $10 gazebo from go lo and got a little bit further on the car.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2005, 08:00:27 AM »

I guess this is how they once would wack up sills in a emergency in the bush when you couldn't get to a rare spares, This will complete the drivers side sill but the other side is too hard to access now so it will be done when the car is on all fours again.
I am now thinking of painting the underside in 2k for better durabillity. I will buy a pssenger side sill as Im getting sick of making stuff.
A hassle will be getting the sill on without destroying to much of the paint under the car.
some times I envy those fancy indoor rottiserie jobs

« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 08:07:25 AM by FCCOOL » Logged

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2005, 08:58:25 PM »

Nice bit of sill you've made there Leon,

that $10 gazebo is a good idea too, I may get one as well, since my work space is outdoors like yours.

keep at it.. remember slowly, slowly the bird builds it's nest Smiley

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2005, 08:24:02 AM »

Hey Ed, that peice of sill is just about the last peice out of that sheet of steel I got of you.
The gazebo was on clearance down from $29, its been well worth the $10, they seem to frequently go on specail for $19.95, I cant believe it hasn't cought fire while being showered with sparks all weekend.
It shure has been a slow build, I am still dreaming of the day it will be sitting in the driveway painted.
this is followed by the two over specail days I guess, you know the one were the motor starts and the day it hits the road for the first time.
I finally found some 2" SU carbs on ebay and one the bid, now I just need to figure out how to jamb them in between the supercharger and subframe prior to painting the subframe.
Something you may know a bit about Ed that I have to also do is jamb the battery somewere, I have no room in the engine bay and no boot, do you have any pictures of your battery install?

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2005, 09:11:58 PM »

Hi Leon,

amazing how much steel you rip thru doing rust work huh Smiley

battery relocation.

I cant take credit for the idea, it is Glenn's (FC-V8's) idea, and a good one too!

The battery is sunk under the floor.  I made a recess using angle and the battery box sits in this.  the lid is made from signwhite, with foam strips underneath to prevent accidental shorts.

glenn has some pics of this somewhere on the forum from memory.

i can snap a few on the weekend anyway.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FC-V8

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2005, 10:09:29 PM »

Leon
         With the battery the recess needs to be made on drivers side. The best battery to use is a DIN 66 its a euro type battery that sits low enough to still go in a battery box & it also has a vent tube so no battery fumes inside the car.
Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2005, 11:11:49 AM »

well this is the most recent picture I have, there are more trapped in my phone but my data cable only seems to work on rare ocassions.
I still have a fair bit of work to do on the passenger side but It cant be done with the car on its side as I cant access the outer sill, also the dog leg on that side inside and out is near non existant with the bog gone.
hear is the primer, it was done 3 time due to weather issues and rusty rub throughs, I now have worn through the skin on my finger tips.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2005, 11:15:02 AM »

well this is the most recent picture I have, there are more trapped in my phone but my data cable only seems to work on rare ocassions.
I still have a fair bit of work to do on the passenger side but It cant be done with the car on its side as I cant access the outer sill, also the dog leg on that side inside and out is near non existant with the bog gone.
hear is the primer, it was done 3 time due to weather issues and rusty rub throughs, I now have worn through the skin on my finger tips.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: