FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 08, 2024, 06:06:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EK Wipers  (Read 1655 times)
FC229

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2005, 10:23:34 AM »

I have had EK wipers on my FC for probably 10 years, and though they work as is, they aren't as good as they could be due to the fact that the nylon bushing at the ends of the wiper arms aren't there. I picked up a set of EK arms on the weekend and would like to know the best way to get the bushings into the FC arms. I tried to remove the bushings after dipping them in hot water, but don't want to destroy them in the process, so I didn't push too hard. Any tips on the best way to do it would be appreciated, or if new ones are now available I would be happy not to butcher what I have. Last time I asked at Rare Spares they did not have them.

On a similar note does anyone make wiper washer jets for the FC's, or would someone be able to lend me one so I can organise to get a set made?
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 10:38:32 AM »

You have to push them out as they are peened over. Clean up the daggy bits of nylon then superglue them into the FC arms.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: