FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 03:34:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: where 2 fit it all  (Read 4556 times)
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2005, 03:24:37 AM »

me and my dad r goin 2 b puttin a worked 307 in a fb holden

we want under the bonnet 2 b empty, just a motor and as less as hoses as possible

we wandered if there is a way of hidin fuel lines unda da manifold

also we had the idea of putting things under the guard: eg horn, booster etc, we talked 2 a good friend at hoppers stoppers and he says tats no probs but how bout 2 engineer will it b ok

thanks alot

Darcy

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 04:11:51 AM »

... ne-thing is possible,

da only thing stopping u is da time and da patience and practicality.

tryin' 2 hide fuel lines unda da manifold is re-dickulous on a vee8.

sometimes u got to use imagination if u want da engine bay to look neet.

can u pleez stop using da SMS talk.. it gievs me the fkn shits.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 05:48:05 AM »

Thanks Ed........

Writing in abbreviated SMS terms is definately quicker to write, but takes most of us 3 times as long to read, as we try and understand wotdahellyaonabout !

But to answer your question.....I can;t see a problem with licensing if you stick boosters ect under the guards...just take a close look at any current commodore...they've got Vacuum tanks, Horns, Washer bottles, and all sorts of things hiding insode their bumpers and guards.

Just as long as the maximum wheel travel won't interfere or touch the booster or brake lines, you should be fine.

I'm not an engineer, but know what I've seen at car shows ( I'm talking street licensed cars ).

Cheers

Mark
fcstationsedan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 08:49:27 AM »

Darcy, first the best place to fit the '307 and all' is an an HK onward Holden, early Chev or maybe a Hotrod!

If you insist on putting it in the FB and not being able to drive it till you are 21, you can indeed hide much of the wiring, the brake booster, horn etc under the guards. I cannot see how you could run fuel lines under the manifold without huge problems such as vacuum leaks or vapor lock, not to mention destroying a perfectly good manifold. You could run neat braided or similar fuel line on top, most of which is hidden by the air cleaner anyway and I guess if you forget having a heater (although you probably will not get it legally engineered without a demister) you can run just the radiator hoses.

Before you start such a project you should be considering what you have to do to make the car legal for rego, whether you can drive it legally (power/weight ratio), what your intended use of the car is, how much it is going to cost and whether it will be practical to drive. Graffiti have some good books on the subject. It is nice to dream but don't get carried away and end up with something that will be abandoned part way through.

If you are under 21 and this is your first project my advice would be to run a strong red motor or VK EFI Black with either a 5 speed or Trimatic Auto (depending on preference) and keep the 307 for the next big project (read more suitable car) once you learn. I go into it in more detail on one of your other posts!

Dave
Former 1959 FC Station Sedan owner.
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 12:34:52 PM »

easy to hide fuel lines if running an electric fuel pump but if you are using a mechanical one then very hard to hide it,if you want to hide it all i would seriously consider an heat sheild like they use on race cars (alluminium sheet from radiator to back of motor with air cleaner on top looks fantastic and work well while hiding standard parts from view.

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 02:15:38 AM »

but me and my dad both me remeber a car with hiden lines etc

so maybe this was for show purposes not for driving???

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 02:50:52 AM »

.there was a turqoise 57 chev built to the elite standard, i think it might have even been last nats peoples choice and elite champ, but dont quote me. the way he got the hidden lines for fuel was to create his own fuel injection system and to actually manufacture his own manifold. some serious work and dollars involved. i have seen similar setups on some american street rods but again your talking lots of $$$$$

i think Moon has a fuel injection setup running dummy strombergs onto SB chevs maybe some one else has seen this.
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 03:15:08 AM »

hey smithy it might b me but have i seen your care in the hoppers crossing , weribbee area

also i think it may have been a 57'

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 03:36:13 AM »

i hope you havent seen my car around that area but if you have it just shows there is someone else out there with great taste Grin
mine is just about to get running after a near 3 year rebuild.

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 07:58:31 AM »

hey
the car i saw was a purple/cream fc

the same as ur display pic

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 10:04:09 PM »

bugga. oh well back into the paint shop :-/  Grin Grin
just kidding....
.. sounds nice though wouldnt mind seeing a pic if you can get one.

mine is actually diamond white over a custom phantom pearl (f**d colour)
about 3 weeks after the painter and i decided on the colour combo i saw a 56 chev getting around near me with a similar combo but a HOC purple and silver.
cheers
dean

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: