FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 01:27:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Coating for Extractors ???  (Read 1911 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2005, 05:31:56 AM »

Just after some ideas of coatings for the Exhaust Headers......Car will be show condition, but not "elite" level, will be daily driven and budget is important.

History....Red 202 XU1 motor rebuilt in Holden Red colour with the nromal chrome accessories.

I've looked into JET HOT, but that's $210 plus freight...also a mob here in Perth who do the same ceramic coating but charge $308 or do I stick with a can of WHITE / BLACK VHT Flame Proof Coating for $20 ?

Being a Holden 6 with Triple Carbs, the Pacemaker Headers are pretty well hidden underneath the Carbs and manifold, and tuck down close to the block, so you sort of don;t really see much of them.

Your Thoughts ?

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 06:49:16 AM »

I had my headers done at PowerKote here in SA for $200, but of course there's the freight too.
POR do a high-temp coating that I have only heard good reports about. A GT freak here uses it on his concourse GTs with no fading, peeling or any other complaints. I have heard that any other colour than silver does not last though and returns to silver after a while.

colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 08:07:03 AM »

I use electric hotplate sealer on my extractors. Available at most supermarkets. It's a dark grey colour & looks good. Downside is it doesn't last too long & needs to be reapplied. Might be a hassle for bad access.
Colin

colt
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 11:07:38 PM »

hey guys
use heatproof paint, if u have good prep itll last a while

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: