FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 08:09:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: INSTALLING WINDSCREEN ?  (Read 1841 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2004, 05:07:41 AM »

Am I able to refit the front and rear Windscreens prior to fitting a hood lining ?

My FC is being repainted.  Once finished I need to get the interior done, but this is being done 300 kms away from the guy who will install the glass.  And I don't fancy driving that far with a new interior, with bugs flying through at 100mph, or worse, tying a tarp over the car so it can scratch the new paintwork.

With my last car, you had to fit the hood lining first, as the windscreen rubbers helped hold the hood lining in place.    Is this the same with FC's, or can I have the glass fitted at the paintshop before having the hoodlining and interior done ?

Any ideas Huh

Mark

fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 05:32:48 AM »

G'day Mark,
You'll have to fit the hood linning first.

Regards Seb

Yellow Knight

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 06:01:24 AM »

The hood-lining is held in place by both screens, so you've got a bit of a problem there.

However, since there's presumably no hood-lining in the car now - or none worth saving/worrying about - you could get the screens fitted by the painter, making sure no sealing is done, ie just pull them into place.  Then the interior guys can whip 'em out again and fit them properly once the hood-lining is in.  That's all part and parcel of fitting a hood-lining anyway.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
knickers
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 10:47:44 AM »

Could try leather flying helmet, goggles & scarf ??!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: