FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:17:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Long Road  (Read 165523 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2005, 01:55:20 AM »

Hey Eddie.
Whats the latest on the wagon? Was watching this thread with keen interest & am still dying to see this car in the flesh. Is it going to get the the Island?

Regards,
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2005, 11:17:16 PM »

Rob,

The wheels are still turning on this project, albeit at a far more relaxed pace than earlier in the year.

After much deliberation, I decided that I was not happy with the finish of the paint, so the car was sent away last month to be repainted.

I'm expecting it back in the next couple of weeks to recommence the assembly, and continue to update the story.

Regards

Ed
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2005, 02:37:10 AM »

whats been happening on this provect? will it make it to the nats (2006 Wink )

ragards
Darcy

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2005, 03:08:00 AM »

Darcy,

I don't think I shall take it to the Nats in 2006. It is still at the paintshop. It has been disassembled and blocked back again ready for repainting.

In the meantime, I have collected a few more bits and pieces.

JIMMYS_FC_UTE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2005, 03:44:34 AM »

G-DAY EDDIE
                  The wagon is looking great i can see all the hard work starting to show . that rotaition stand looks like it saves a dam lot off hard work.Im just looking for something just like it to build for my fc ute .I was wandering if you can give me some sizes from the floor to the center pin .and the back bracket from center pin to bottom of bracket and width. as it looks like it will  take a dam lot of hard work of moving and turning ute for rust repairs under chassie rails and floors .well must say your done a dam good job with the wagon keep up the good work their . be nice to see her when shes finshed  .  well hope you can help me out with some sizes  eddie  .      cheers    jimmy Wink
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2005, 10:08:18 AM »

how in the hell do you find these parts?

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2005, 07:33:09 AM »

Ed, I heard you had a good time at the warehouse full of NOS stuff Grin Grin

Did you take any pics?  Can you describe what it was like walking into the middle of all that stuff?

Come on, give us some details,  I would have loved to come up for a look, but couldn't quite justify the airline expense.

Ken
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2005, 10:05:15 PM »

Ken,

It was a pretty amazing experience. I didn't take any photos of the storeroom, however I shall take the camera next time I go.

The spoils of my visits to date are in the above photographs. NOS items of particular interest were:

Windlacing - black with silver flecks
Door rubbers - front and rear
Wiring loom covers - wagon/ute tail light loom
Steering wheel
Dashboard escutcheons

The other NOS stuff that was there included hoodlinings (several colours) seat squabs, front, rear and boot floor mats, inner and outer sills, A, B and C pillars, subframes, boot floors, rear quarters, guards, bonnets, bootlids, front windscreens, FC stainless steel, most diecast, chromed and unchromed, the list goes on. There were literally boxes of tail light lenses, and potentially enough 1/4 vent handles to repair every FE/FC still on the road!

I even got the original style plastic door linings that fit under the door trim over the frame holes - complete with the little flap that deflects the water!

Regards

Edward
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2005, 03:07:36 AM »

Some photos of the NOS stock:

New windscreens

New boot floor, new and 2nd hand bonnets

New subframes, door skins, chassis rails, dash boards, A and C pillars

Floor and boot mats

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2005, 03:24:55 AM »

Shocked  Shocked geeez its like a bloody Aladins cave there  Shocked Shocked
looks like you could spend days sorting through all the stuff. well done

dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
craiga
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2005, 03:54:35 AM »

looks like you could spend days sorting through all the stuff.

We did :-) three of them to be exact!! It was hard to drag yourself away, but be assured we went through EVERY box/bag/container and found some incredible stuff.  The photos are OK, but to see it in real life is mind boggling.

A stack of NOS left AND right FC quarter panels, next to a stack of 4 new bonnets, just along from 3 new bootlids?

Where else do you get to see that stuff?

Cheers,

Craig.
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2005, 04:15:23 AM »

ok ok now that we're all drooling, green with envy, bug eyed with delight and sufficiently teased.  How about a short story about how you found all this stuff.
You don't have to reveal the source or names but I bet there is a great story in there somewhere.

cheers

Ed

in the shed
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2005, 04:34:40 AM »

Ed,

No secrets here. I just read posts carefully!

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=ebay;action=display;num=1132891029

I rang the guy and organised to turn up at the nominated time. The gear is all at Redfern.

Plenty still left as well, however be prepared to pay top $$$. The guys know exactly what they have.

Regards

Ed
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2005, 04:41:53 AM »

Hey Ed,

I got my own little story on this.. I don't read the forum thoroughly enough I must admit too.

I was on my way to RPA Hospital (camperdown) when i see the said 4 1/2 truck loaded with fC bodies and the mentioned trailer.  he had broken down momentarily.

I stopped and had a brief chat in the middle of the intersection, and asked for the guys details as he said he was willing to sell his stock.

anyway I didn't have apen and neither did he, and I had to rush off with an urgent blood delivery.

I tried to remember his address but for the life of me couldn't...

so this is what he had in his shed!!

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2005, 04:55:17 AM »

Ed,

Always carry a pen!

From what they told me, they had come across the gear via a friend who was assisting with clearing a deceased estate in Pymble.

The gentleman who had passed away had obviously been collecting the gear for many years, buying out dealership old stock at every opportunity. Some of the newspapers that the gear is wrapped in goes back to the late '60s

The guy who came across it was a fireman. My question is - where was our very own Fireman Sam when you need him? Probably building a modified FC in a garage somewhere, or chasing skirt all over Sydney would be my guess.
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2005, 06:12:50 AM »

The spoils of day 3

The packets down the bottom left are full of trim clips.
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2005, 06:47:26 AM »

just noticed the front subframe rail has drain holes, this is not how the cars were originally is it?

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2005, 08:18:56 AM »

Yes, but they're not drain holes, they are the access holes to do up the bolts on the outrigger mount.  

Must say I am very envious - I read the posts and knew the guy had the stuff for sale but a flight from Melbourne to Sydney plus time off work was more than I could justify.

Looks like much more good stuff to get once the prices settle a little though.

Ken
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2005, 03:24:51 PM »

Ken, I mean the bottom part of the rail, the bit that rusts out wich is the part just below what you must have been looking at.
I have seen some cars with the drain holes and some without, I assumed that the ones with drains had them put in afterwards to slow further rust but thought a nos panel would have had no holes

Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2005, 07:20:25 PM »

Leon,

You are correct - many subframes don't have the drain holes at the outer corners of the box section, however the replacement section definately does.

They must have recognised the problem.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: