FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 03:16:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: RACQ?  (Read 2475 times)
mishell224

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2004, 12:58:07 PM »

I have read so many of your posts and you guys are an excellent sorce of information and ty for the last answers on my posts, another question if i may, This has been kicking around for years, Grandpa had it bolted to the bumper of his HR
NFI on its origin but as RACQ is still kicking was wondering if anybody has seen something similar,  if its a rarety i was going to get it rechromed for my brothers HR for xmas, it has the words honour badges just under the nut. I know this isnt  FC-FE related but I have search in vain for something like it and cant find a thing. As I first said you guys are all so informative and knowledgable thought somebody might know? If I am P****ng n e body off with my silly questions please say and i will exit gracefully thanks again

As i read your site and look at the fantastic pictures I realize the stupidity of youth. Why is it when you owned over your teen years a HT. LJ. XT all original and in excellent condition, raced  FC's and LJ's (makes me cringe thinking about all those bits we chucked away)was I so quick to upgrade to something at the time i thought was better? dam the stupidity of youth.
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 02:40:10 PM »

Hi Mishell224
    Firstly =  Welcome to the Forum  Wink  Cheesy  GREAT bunch of guy's here, stick around .

Secondly = Yours aren't "silly questions"  ..  Sorry I can't help you , but I'm sure it won't take long to get your answer, the guy's here have got more "Info" than the "Encyclopedia Britannica"  Shocked

Thirdly  =  Mmmm, I think we've ALL done the "get a better car" thing when we were younger ,  now we're kickin' ourselves Black & Blue .    Angry

Norm  Smiley

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 08:36:59 AM »

Hey mishell224
        No such thing as a silly question just stupid answers. I have not seen one like this before, so wont comment on it. But just hang on as somebody will. Oh keep the pic's of all your old goodies coming, as we are all learning here at the same time. Ah yeah welcome to our little forum. Grin

Cheers
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
mishell224

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 08:55:41 AM »

thanks for your help and welcome  Grin
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 09:46:31 PM »

No problems with putting the badge on the HR, especially if your Grandad had the kookaburra installed on his HR.  Your brother would probably think it is a great present.
I would suggest that the Kookaburra predates the HR by about 35 years.  Can't give you a date for this mascot exactly, but I've seen them on pre-World War 2 cars- early to mid thirties.
Would think it would sell for $150-$250 if you are that way inclined.
As for rarity value, they are probably rare in South Australia or Victoria, but there are a few about in Queensland of course.   :PUnfortunately wearing the badge on the bumper bar doesn't provide for cheaper RACQ insurance or membership.  Tongue Your brother should send them a bill for advertising when he installs it on the HR.  Wink
Happy motoring,

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 03:44:59 AM »

Why don't you log on to the RACQ website, and send them an email with a photo of the badge.  I'm sure they would be interested and let you know the story behind it.  Then you can let us know..... Grin      Mike
mishell224

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 04:37:05 AM »

Thanks for your help and tips, I have email RACQ and we will see what happens

mishell224 Shocked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: