FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 07:29:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Travelling Members  (Read 2884 times)
Kathy

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 02:03:21 AM »

Hi

GP & I will be travelling to the Gold Coast in November and then travelling to Tasmania & Victoria after Christmas.  If time permits, we would like to incorporate on our trips a visit to other State Club meetings or events to catch up with fellow members.  We are aware and will attend the Qld Club meeting on Wednesday 3 November (maybe if there is a member on the Gold Coast they could come by Labrador and allow us to follow them in to Colmslie??).  We promise not to be 7 minutes late either (BTW thanks for the warning Kiwi).

Anyway, other than that, we are unaware of what is happening meeting/event wise in any other State Club (except NSW).  This site provides a perfect calendar for Clubs to let each other know what they are doing.   If each Club were to publicise their meetings & events on this Calendar then those of us travelling may be able to incorporate a visit in their trip.  

Speaking on behalf of the ACT Club, I know our members would be more than happy to welcome any travellers to any of our meetings or events.  The more the merrier we say...

Kathy

-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 02:13:36 AM »

i would definittly recomend trying to catch up with emu  ;)and sarge Cry and checking out hilda progress (or lack there of? Tongue)plus a trip to brizzie to catch up with the qld guys and a trip around to earlees Cool place to check out his fine collection of fb/eks as for victoria ya got ta meet phantom Shocked and no trip to tazzie would be complete with out meeting the tazzie devil 4 hammers  Grin
by the way gunna visit nz anytime soon Huh
email me ill give ya all there details numbers birthdays etc etc
ps might take ya up on the offer of the ACT visit next time im in sydney on buisness
regards kiwi
Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 02:37:31 AM »

Thanks for the recommendations Kiwi.  You are most welcome to visit us here in sunny Canberra any time you are in the Country.  

As for a trip to NZ, this is on our list of possibilities for our Honeymoon next year.  

Although I think GP might get a bit sensitive about doing 'boring car stuff' while we're on our Honeymoon.  

Hey - maybe we could work out some plan to trick him into thinking I was taking him somewhere romantic for lunch and I could take a wrong turn and "oh no Graham I think we're lost - but look -  isn't that Kiwi's house - maybe he could give us directions to the restaurant….." That can be our secret hey!!

Kathy

« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 02:39:25 AM by Kathy » Logged
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 02:39:15 AM »

... on the subject of travelling members.

Was in Cairns last weekend and had the opportunity to catch up with Jason (fevanv6), it was only a few years since we met up last (on a parts hunt in Sydney).

Jason allowed me the opportunity to drive and paw over his beautiful V6 van.. thanks mate!!  I thought it looked good in the photos.. in real life its simply stunning.

Grin

very inspiring stuff.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 02:44:35 AM »

Oh Bugger!!
I really hate doing boring car stuff when we're on holidays Wink. But I suppose if Kathy drags me along, I'll just have to go  Tongue

Cheers,

GP Grin Grin Grin
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 05:01:55 AM »

Kathy
Both graham and your self are always welcome to our meetings and or our homes when you are in Victoria so let us know when you are thinking of arriving and we will do our best to make you more than welcome!!!
Brett

Brett Gillard
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 09:17:21 AM »

Kathy & Graham
        When you get to the Gold Coast Give me a call. We must meet up some where some how. I am positive that Emu will be only to happy to take you for a lap around the block once or twice in Hilda. If Sarah will let him lend the car. We are just starting to bolt Hilda back together. So hopefully Hilda will be back on the road when you's come up. As for the Calendar suggestion I fully Agree more info needed. Clubs should talk to each other more.

Cheers
Sarge
0421 165 351

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 07:24:38 PM »

Thanks Sarge,
I'll give you a call when we get up there.

Cheers,

Graham.
Cheesy
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 08:05:21 PM »

Brett,
Thanks for that. I've already spoken to Tony G. about catching up while we're in Vic. I'll let you know what we're doing closer to the time.

Cheers,

Graham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: