FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:01:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE Wagons  (Read 6779 times)
earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2004, 02:45:23 AM »

Hi all, just a quick question regarding the FE wagons, I have been offered a wagon that will need a full resto, it has been in the same family since new, country car and apparently is kinda rough looking?? I still have not seen the car itself but was wondering just how rare these particular models are (not sure if 219 or 229) but will be looking at it this afternoon and hopefully get some details for the forum members.
How far gone does it have to be before it is just scrap? are the 219's rarer than the 229's. and lastly if I am not gonna keep it due to lack of space, and if they are that rare, I will offer it here for what I pay for it, to see it go to a good home.
Cheers
Matt
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 06:08:53 AM »

Matt,

This has been discussed before, but if it is an FE wagon it is a rare item.  It is believed that approximately 7,500 229s were built, but only about 1,200 219s.  Apparently the FE-219 is listed somewhere in a list of the rarest full production cars in the world.

Ken the guru has details of fewer than 10 of them in all his years of collecting FE/FC details.  So that should give you some idea of how rare FE-219s are.

Even FE-229s are pretty uncommon these days.  We have only 3 in our club, all of which are under restoration.  Think about this: there were 155,161 FEs made, of which less than 10,000 were wagons.  That's under 7% of the total manufacture.  How many of those 155,161 are left now?  Let alone how many of the 7% !!! It's not my money, but any FE wagon is worth saving if at all possible.  From your description, it's probably more than possible.  Any car that's been in one family for nearly 50 years has to have been at least passingly well looked after.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 11:33:07 AM »

Hi guys
The highest numbered FE standard wagon I've seen to date is 1764 [FE219-1764 A] not many hey and as RET says any one is worth saving as now there as rare as rocking horse do do.

Regards Mick
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 08:25:56 PM »

What about FC standard wagons.How rare are they and how many where built?

Cheers Geoff
COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 08:25:16 AM »

MATT, I'M INTEREASTED IN THE FE WAGON NO MATTER WHAT MODEL IT IS SO WHEN YOU OBTAIN IT PLEASE PM OR PHONE ME ON 0402639727 ASAP FOR A CASH DEAL.THANK'S COL58FE. Wink
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 07:56:33 AM »

The highest no I have is FC-219-5393 A.
So about 5500 to 6000 would be a good guess.

Regards  Ken
Flamed_FE

Built with my two hands

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 01:22:14 AM »

Matt

If Col isnt interested for any reason, I would like second bite.

Thx
Al
Flamed FE

Amy's & Mac's Jumping Castle
earlyholdenfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 07:45:31 PM »

Thanks for the interest everybody,
Where do I begin, it turned out to be a rare FE standard wagon, with the owners idea of "Rough" nowhere near a true representation ( it would only need a new floor and a bit of tlc to return to daily driver!) they even drove it out of the shed for me to have a look at it!
You will all be pleased to hear that I have negotiated it's change of wonership.
As I do not have space, time or knowledge for the restoration and seeing as it needs a top job done on it due the scarcity of the car, I have passed it on to a very close friend of mine for what I paid for the car and he will restore it when his FC windowless panelvan is completed. So it will see the light of the day as a factory fresh example once again.
I will continue my search for a more suitable car for my next toy!
Matt
P.S. Will get numbers for the register as soon as I can.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 08:26:49 PM »

Well done.

It's amazing what turns up, isn't it?  There's still some barn-fresh doozies out there...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
earlyholdenfan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 07:32:36 PM »

Hi everyone, this is just an update to reply to all who have PM'd me regarding finding and letting go of this vehicle:
I have been asked not to advertise here unless I "intend to sell to people other than your close friend's" and to this and many likeminded responses I have recieved please read the following response that I have already sent to some of the members that have expressed dismay to me directly:

Thanks for that, however, I requested information on and confirmation on what I thought to be a rare model, that I recieved.
I mentioned that IF the car was of no use to me then I would pass it on which I also did, (my friend happens to be a forum member, and contacted me after reading my post)
If persons, and you are definately not the only one, wish to contact me or any other persons and make known your interest for a vehicle that has been discovered, I wouldn't want to discourage eagerness, and had the timing been different one of you would have it in your sheds now instead of him.
The person that I passed this car on to happens to be in a better position than I to restore this vehicle to the standard it deserves and has helped me out with a lot of issues over the years, so the least I could do was offer it to him being the first person to make his interest known, when I might add he also helped me to pick up the car (and offered help to restore it), before I thought I would not be able to restore it to it's rightful condition..and therefore pass it on.
IF he had not been interested then I definately would have let the next person that contated me have it on the forum, once again so as it recieved the attention it deserves, if it was a garden variety and plentiful, I may have tackled the resto myself, as I need a daily driver not a show quality rare car.
My only drive is to see another classic early Holden saved from the ravages of time and lost off our roads forever
Hopefully this explains my situation
Matt

This thread was in no way intended to do anything other than to let all know that I had found what I thought to be a rare car, find out information to confirm this, let all know that if I could not use the car then I would pass it on. The fact that the first person to contact me happened to be a forum member  and a personal friend should not detract from the fact that the car will continue to exist in it's correct form. And if the exact situation arose next week I would not do anything differently, (except maybe not mention the fact that I have friends!)
Matt
HARKO
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 11:32:59 PM »

Good on ya Matt ! Im guessing there are a few jelous people that arent happy Jan hehe.
I would be or should I say I am the same myself when I want something real bad ,Its not hard to become a monster at a swap meet when theres a complete GM671 for $300 in front of me hehe  Grin Aint no one else gonna get it.
Emu

Emu's Ashes pic - Aussies 5-0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2004, 08:11:10 AM »

Good work Matt.

I think you've done the right thing.

I hope your friend posts pics of the resto. I can't wait to see this car in the flesh.

Emu - Jealous but understanding bird.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2004, 09:34:12 AM »

Hey Matt.
At no point did you actually offer the car up for grabs, you just asked for expressions of interest. No promises made, no deals struck.
Good on you for passing it on to a mate who would appreciate it.
If it were me, I would have done exactly what you did.
Now how about those pics.
Always like to see barn fresh finds.
Regards
Alex

FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2004, 09:52:51 AM »

I too would love to see some photos of another FE 219 Matt and it's good to hear it will be done up too.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Regards Mick
57fewagon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 11:19:30 AM »

Hey guys after all that remember my FE229 wagon is still for sale, come and give it the home it deserves. Its on the for sale page, and also just been listed on ebay for less than what i payed for it
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 07:56:52 AM »

So what has happened in the 4 years? Is there another thread showing pics of the resto or pics of the finished job?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
waynos

Model: FC

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 10:03:34 PM »

we wanna see it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: