FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 12:16:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!!  (Read 4877 times)
knickers
« on: September 25, 2004, 10:45:40 PM »

Ret (or anyone for that matter) can ya tell  how to add a photo to my post, I assume ya use a YABBC tag
Cheers Nick
« Last Edit: September 25, 2004, 10:46:47 PM by knickers » Logged
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 11:52:03 PM »

send it to me nickers ill post it 4 ewe
cheers kiwi
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 10:35:03 AM »

Not wanting to insult anyones intelligence I will assume that you know nothing.

If you want to link to a picture that is already posted on the internet, it's quite easy.

When you are writing your message there are a number of icons just above the "faces", called YABBC tags.

You need to place your cursor (blinking vertical line, where the typed text appears) where you want the picture to appear.

Next you need to click the button it inserts some text surrounded by some square brackets.

Then you need to grab the web address of the photo you want to post it will look something like -
http://www.mywebpage.com/pictures/mypic.jpg

You then replace the text "URL" in the middle of the [img] tags, with the http://www.mywebpage.com/pictures/mypic.jpg

If all goes to plan your link should work.

As Kiwi suggested you can also email images to club members, but this goes against the ruling about non-club members posting pictures.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 07:05:55 PM by stinky » Logged

knickers
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 12:27:01 PM »

Thanx but I was hoping to post a picture I have taken of a wanted part in the parts wanted section on this forum & nothing to do with a club posting
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 08:55:24 PM »

Sorry for the confusion, that's how anyone can post a picture anywhere on the board.

If you are a member of an FE/C club though, you are able to make "attachments" which is slightly easier as it allows you to post pictures that are on your hard-drive.

collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 02:20:49 AM »

thanks stinky,
that makes it easier for me now knowing that.
cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 12:16:28 PM »

Well there goes that thought ,
wrote a story tried to attach a pic or two but it kept coming up error 380 killabites how do you condense pics if that is what i have to do, it says 64 kb max
cheers

Scott

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 07:29:32 PM »

If you are going to do an attachment, there are restrictions as there is only a certain amount of space on the server. Hence the reason for Club Members only being able to attach photos, space and bandwidth cost money and our membership dues pay for that.

I guess some confusion may arise from the difference between "attaching" and "linking". Linking is the procedure I descibed above and is for photos that are already out there in internet land. Attaching is for files that are on your own computer.

To modify files you will need some sort of graphics program. IrfanView seems to be popular, although I have never used it, you can also try this link for some free software -
http://www.lisp.com.au/nonags/index.html

I think the recommended picture size is 400 pixels wide, any decent graphics program should be able to shrink a picture to this. The file size would reduce also.

If you have MS Office, Photoeditor is a good tool to use, just click Image then click Resize and plug in the numbers.

Hope that helps.

nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2004, 07:32:53 PM »

heres an easy way,open your photo with your camera's photo editing software and resize your photo to 400 x350 or equivelant size like 500x250 and it will be ok to download onto your post message here.when you resize make sure you open file and select (save as) then with the window that opens select jpeg or jpg,pdfany of these will download easy.
hope this is helpfull
cheers Nick

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 08:44:21 PM »

That assumes, of course, that the photo is from a digital camera and you have digi/cam software.

If you have Photoshop, its "Save For Web" option is the best way to reduce a file and ensure that it is still crisp and clear.

If you haven't got Photoshop, but have a Windows PC, go to http://www.irfanview.com and download a copy of their software.  It's dead simple to do file reduction by pixel dimensions or by file size.

For Mac users, GraphicConverter http://www.lemkesoft.de is a powerful application for this, or otherwise (OSX only) get QuickImageCM and PhotoToolCM, two context-menu (right-click) extensions that you can use by right-clicking on a selection of images and resizing them straight from the menu that appears.  Very quick and powerful: http://www.pixture.com/macosx.php

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 12:26:32 PM »

Thanx RET,Nicko and stinky,
still over my head.
, i will have to get a mate over to help as reading and putting into practice are two different things for me and maybe i will once and for all figure it out.
cheers
Scott
PS I am a club member and this is why i tried to attach some pics of my family day out with the ol'girl.

nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 08:30:37 PM »

ok just send email to me with pic attached and i will resize it for you and post it on forum.
cheers Nick

Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 10:47:51 PM »

Likewise, Scott.

You can email pics to me & I'll put them up.

Maybe I'll get out to your side of town one day & I'll set it up for you.

Regards,

Martin
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 05:26:06 AM by lewis1411 » Logged

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2004, 10:03:39 AM »

Thanks Martin and Nick,
a mate emailed me some directions today and they worked a treat Grin just got to workout how to put more than one picture in a post.

cheers
Scott
PS thanks again for your offers

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: