FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:48:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rubber matts  (Read 9397 times)
leon

Model: FE

My FC Business Sedan

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2002, 12:03:44 PM »

EmbarrassedCan anyone tell me if a FE standard has a rubber  matt or carpet in the back.   leon.
air-chief

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2002, 01:56:45 PM »

By the back I take it has the rear seat area.
It should have come out with a rubber mat.
If you need to buy one you can buy repos from a guy in the FB-EK club of Vic.

Ring Martin on 0412 941 799
HRDivivan
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2002, 11:53:53 PM »

definately a rubber mat.
You wont find carpet in any pre-EJ (?.. correct me if I'm wrong) Holden.
Air-cheif is right... Martin is the man to talk to.
GT
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2002, 07:54:46 AM »

Does Martin do FJ mats also?
I have a friend who is trying to locate some for his old girl.
Regards
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
HRDivivan
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2002, 08:06:18 AM »

best you call him on the number above... he'll send them anywhere.
GT
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2002, 08:12:49 AM »

Thanks, I'll pass it on.  Grin

Phone +64 223509263
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2002, 11:53:59 AM »

Guys,   sorry to disapoint, but the 1956 FE special and standard models both had carpet in the rear seat area, as did the FX & FJ. The carpet was superceded in 1957 by rubber mats.
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2002, 12:36:16 PM »

My current FE and the previous one I had, both original, untouched late 1957 model specials, had front and rear carpet. Was this just to get rid of any remaining stock or was it an optional extra ?
Hope this doesn't confuse things.
Cheers
Tony Grin

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
Digger

Classic not Plastic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2002, 02:38:53 PM »

Ihadav8   Wink

In the Nasco HOLDEN master parts catalogue there are carpet mat assembly,s listed for FE and FC for the front they where plain or felt backed, part Nos 7409577 and 7409578. And in the rear there is five colours listed for the FE none for FC.

Hope it helps,

Regards, Steve.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2002, 01:54:08 AM »

My current FE and the previous one I had, both original, untouched late 1957 model specials, had front and rear carpet. Was this just to get rid of any remaining stock or was it an optional extra ?
Hope this doesn't confuse things.
Cheers
Tony Grin

Yeah, I'd be interested in some clarification of this one.  I thought rubber mats in the back of FE Specials was only found in the last ones built, just prior to the FC's introduction in May 1958.  I'm not sure whether that 'just prior' means two weeks or 3 months, and no doubt it varied from factory to factory Wink

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2002, 02:23:49 AM »

Hi Ret
Don't know if this will help or not, but heres the numbers off mine.

FE 225  15262 S
trim 202-465 AO
paint 256-7449
This had red carpet, front and rear , build date was August '57

FE 225  26044 S
trim 204- 704
paint 253-7481
This had blue carpet,front and rear unsure of build date( I no longer have this one) but going of the body number it would have to be late '57
Cheers

Tony Grin

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2002, 10:42:47 AM »

Tony,  the EJ parts book section 15.286 "MAT ASSEMBLY, CARPET-Front floor" covers both rubber mats and carpets for models up to EJ. for FE & FC the part number is 7409577 for felt backed rubber mat and 7409578 for plain rubber mat.
However go back to the FE (1956) parts book and you find that only FE 215 & 217 were fitted with the felt backed rubber mat and there were 4 coloured rubber mats for FE 225 front. (red, blue 2 greens) No front carpets are listed for FE.
Section 15.306 lists both carpets and a mat for the rear floor, FE 217 has a rubber mat and FE 215 & 225 has 4 different coloured rear carpets (red, blue 2 greens) - these were Westminster design and quite distinctive - looks a bit like corduroy.
Move forward to the 1957 FE parts book which includes the wagons, vans & utes and now the rear mat has been included as a part which indicates that they became available some time in 1957 before the wagon, van & ute introduction.
Also the colour range is increased to 8 (red, blue, turq, 2 greens, brown, grey & black).
Interestingly the rear carpet does not have a close off time which indicates that it was possibly available if specified when ordering from the factory right through until the FC.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2002, 10:56:01 AM »

Tony, your car sounds very interesting if it has carpets both front and rear - possibly done as a special from the factory for one reason or another.
Possibly a managers car ordered as a special down the assembly line.
Does the description of the carpet line up with what you have in your car?

Ken
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2002, 01:51:53 PM »

Hi Ken
How are things?
Interesting car, yes. A few strange things about it.
When I got both cars, the carpets were had it. Leaking seals rotted them out, so they got turfed. But I did keep a sample of the  carpet out of my current one.
It is the corduroy /westminster style in red, on a heshion backing. There is the remains of what looks like a number ? in blue paint on the back. It would of looked quite nice in it's day. Is this type still availible from someone?
From memory my first 225 sedan, No 26044S with blue carpet was a pile type. Does that sound right?. It was such a long time ago, I'm not a 100% sure.

Talking about colours. Did you get a certain colour interior depending on the outside colour when a new FE was ordered? Or was it mix and match, pick what you want sort of thing?

Reason being ,The body is  cabot grey with anvil grey top with the red and ivory interior. I don't like it!
I'm thinking of putting in  an original cosmos grey and summit blue interior which I have. Would this combo have been possible with the 2 tone grey exterior? I'd hate to do it then find out it wasn't availible like this. Any ideas on that?

I have no idea of the background of the car , the rego authorities refused to give out the details of the previous owner. It also had a warm-a-ride heater fitted, very roughly too, under the speaker grill. It looked to rough to be  fitted by a holden dealer. But then again.....

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers
Tony

Ken McLean
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2002, 09:34:02 AM »

Tony, The pile type is definately wrong, probably that car had carpet fitted by someone later on, but it does sound like your current car may possibly be a special issue from the factory, be interesting to work out what the number on the back was.

re interiors - all cars came out with an interior matched to the exterior,  The good news is that 2 tone grey cars were also available from the factory with the cobweb grey and parcment ivory interior.  There is one of these for sale at Mollison's motors in Kyneton at the old Holden dealership.

Ken
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2002, 11:50:31 AM »

Ken, does that mean I can't fit a cosmos grey and summit blue interior to a cabot grey and anvil grey top body ?  Or would I be better off trying to get a cobweb grey and parcment ivory interior? Would a judge pick up on that,  do they check the trims against the body tag numbers for originallity?
Cheers
Tony

Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2002, 09:46:02 AM »

for what its worth my com plate is
No FE-225-2551S
Trim No 200-708 AO
Paint No 253 7471
Rpo 253-7463 TOP

and has carpet in the back that looks like it could be original. But I thought that the standard had rubber in the back

Regards Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: