FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:59:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Any Bakers out there in Sydney?  (Read 5433 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2004, 09:01:06 PM »

Hi
I am going to be visiting my old stomping ground in August for the International Caterers Trade Fair at Darling Harbour. It is a big show for Bakers & Pastrychefs etc (Which I am one!), so I am heading up for a gander & hope to get some goodies. If possible, I would like to catch up with some of you guys. I know it is hard, but it would be cool, to finally put some names to faces. The show starts on the 8th (Sunday) & goes until the 11th. Even people who aren't in the trade, should have a look at this show. Amazing equipment............but then again, that is my point of view & it may bore you stupid looking at ovens & bread.
Anyway, I hope to hear from some of you.
Rob J
(aka: Rob the Baker)

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 11:44:51 PM »

There's a few.  Don't know how many frequent this site tho Wink

Are you here for the whole 4 days?  If so, you have better luck than Kiwi, because Tusday 10th is the NSW Club Meeting, where you would be made most welcome.  I'm sure we could arrange transport if you need it, we've got some members in the inner west or north-side who'd volunteer I'm sure.

That would be an opportunity to put names to about 30 faces.

There's also a club run to Shannons Eastern Creek Classic on Sunday 8th, but I doubt your schedule would allow fitting that in too Sad

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 01:47:39 AM »

Hi RET,
Hmmm.
Yes....a rather stupid question now I look at it Embarrassed..What I meant was, "Any Bakers who use this site in Sydney??" (Or something like that!) Smiley
Anyway, I would love to come to the meeting. I can't believe my luck. I will work out what is going on with that night (I don't think any seminars are planned) & we can go from there. I am busting to check out some of the cars, too.
Hmmm, Sunday may be pushing it, as you say. I really do not think I can justify that to the boss...........Hang on, if you guys wrote a letter saying you REALLY needed to talk to me about pies, then maybe that would cover it?? Grin ...................Maybe not.

At least I will be able to go to the meeting anyway. I will keep you filled in as we get closer to the date. can't wait!
Rob J

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 05:08:57 AM »

15 July 2004

Rob's Boss
Rob's Boss' Pie Emporium
Hobart, TASMANIA

Dear Rob's Boss,

The FE-FC Holden Car Club know very little about pies.  I think it would be true to say that all we know about pies we learnt from Mrs Tweedy of "Chicken Run":  "Chickens go in, pies come out".

It is our understanding that Rob may be available on Sunday 8th August to bring us up to speed on the latest in dog's eye technology and techniques.  So excited are we by this prospect that we have hired out the entire Eastern Creek complex, and have booked over 1,800 car-loads of pie-eating aficionados to hear what the renowned baker has to say.  That's how strongly we feel about pastry-cased mechanically separated meat 'n' gravy.

We look forward to your earliest confirmation of Rob's availability, so that we can arrange transport and other logistics.

Holden Together,

Richard Thomas
Secretary
FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW inc

Let me know if you need it on Club letterhead.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 05:32:10 AM »

also
dear robs boss
we would also like a chance to try a emu pie

kind regards
emu pie lover
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 07:51:05 PM »

Hi Rob
     I work in the city and if you want to come to the meeting  we may be able to meet in the city and you could come to  my place and go along together.
WAYNE
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 09:02:57 PM »

Hi fellas,

RET, Man, that is brilliant. I am going to give that to the Boss to see what he thinks. He has a good sense of humour, so I reckon he will love it. Our pies (National Pies) are not that well known in NSW, but we used to supply the MCG. We really only do TAS now & some places in NSW & VIC, as there are much bigger companies out there who are a bit scary to mess with. We have better pies, but they are so big, they could really squash us over there if they felt like it!!

Wayne.
Excellent. I reckon I will take you up on the offer. I will be staying at Crowne Plaza Darling Harbour (If that makes any sense, I just read it of the booking slip).
What time is the meeting? I am still to find out what time the last thing is on Tuesday, but I do know it is before 5.30.

Regards,
Rob J

Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 09:21:28 PM »

Rob,

I live and work a couple of klicks from the city and Darling Harbour and can easily provide a taxi/sight seeing service (unfortunately not in the 217 this time) to and from the Club Meeting.
RET and Wayne will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Geoff_K
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 11:57:14 PM »

Hi
 Let us know what you do if any body can help I will not be offended as I live near Liverpool and will have to travel there first.
WAYNE
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 05:44:12 AM »

OK.
Guy's, 4hammers (aka :Rob the Baker) has been confirmed to make a guest appearance at the next "Monthly Meeting of the Prestigious FE FC Holden Car Club of NSW". Shocked  This is an exciting event, as I know you all have many questions regarding the "Meat Pie", which is of course, VERY closely related to the Holden vehicle i.e. Remember the song? Meat Pies, Football, Kangaroos & Holden cars? Well, I can answer any queries regarding the pie side of it. (Not football, or Kangaroos I am sorry to say.)
I have secured (I hope to confirm this evening), the one & only Geoff K as my ride to & from the event, which is a coup in itself!! Grin

Right, enough of the excited babble.
I am stoked to at last get the chance to meet (or is that "Meat"?) with some of you.
I just want to confirm it is Winter up there in Sydney & I will need some warm clothes? Obviously, Hobart this time of year is at its balmy best, with an average 25 degrees Celcius daily & my shorts + Tank top combo may not suffice up there. Wink

Wayne,
Thanks for the offer of the ride, but it looks as if it may be easier to have Geoff K give me a lift, as he is close by. I look forwaard to meeting you at the meeting!!

OK. See you all soon.
Regards,
Rob J

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 05:52:36 AM »

I don't know what you Taswegians consider acceptable for your club meetings, but here in Sydney the dress rules are Black Tie, summer or winter.  You might want to bring yours up from Hobart, as I don't think the local formal-hire places keep the dress shirts with two head holes Tongue

Seriously, I'd come prepared for anything.  Days lately have been very pleasant, but nights are quite nippy.

cheers
RET

Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 12:09:41 PM »

Rob,

I found the typo in your post:  you forgot the minus sign ( - ) before the Hobart temperature.  I'm sure it should read -25 degrees celcius

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2004, 12:01:44 AM »

4 hammers it will be great to be able to meet up with you. It is good that you were able to get a lift with somebody that was close by.
WAYNE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: