FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 11:16:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Window Winders  (Read 2331 times)
Roybeth

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2017, 10:00:04 AM »

Hi all
I think the same style of window winder handles went on a few early holden models, but I'm wondering if there is any difference and ways to identify them.

We've got a box of winder handles, so far I can tell two different groups.

One with 232 stamped on them and the pattern on them is much sharper than the other group.

Second group has the same pattern but it is not as sharp, have different numbers (need a bit more cleaning to see them) and a few different casting marks which the first group don't have.

May come down to nothing as we will end up picking the bests ones to go in the cars, but if we have a choice would be nice to match them up to the correct model. And if there is a difference always good to know.

TIA
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 11:07:17 AM »

GMH had multiple suppliers for most parts they didn't make themselves, and this account for some subtle variations you see in certain parts.

But these particular handles were in use for a long time. According to the parts book, it's the same window regulator handle from FE all the way through to HR. So little wonder a given collection of them will exhibit differences.

Pick the best four that are most alike.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: