FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:33:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hilda's Extreme Makeover  (Read 113367 times)
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: March 07, 2005, 11:06:34 AM »

Very well done mate! ( seeing as you were one of the very few to compliment mrs streetneats car when it was finished - I wasnt going to let you get away with out returning the compliment!)
Honestly you must be well chuffed to finally have it on the road and nearly finished. Hope you find the missing bits. The  result from your pics thus far shows  someone -or more likely several somones knew what they were doing! Excellent job!
I bought the wife another FC project at Toowoomba swap in Febuary...a windowless  FC van (comes with the solid sides to return it to windowless anyhow)
seems we are not done  playing with FC's yet!
One question I have is did the Vans share the same cardboard  cargo sides as the wagons? Or are they supposed to be steel?
Cheers streetneat

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: March 07, 2005, 08:17:29 PM »

That question is now answered thanks to Robbie fc- they're cardboard!
Streetneat

Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 07, 2005, 08:46:30 PM »

Streetneat good luck with the van, not that you will need it I have seen your work so its fair to say yet another FC with live again.

Emu I think Streetneat is onto something, get Kat a  project car of her own, then we can do Harvey for the newest FC lover in the Emu nest, Now that the young Lady is driving, a car is a must and Harvey is in preety good shape to start with. Grin

Cheers
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
Emu

Emu's Ashes pic - Aussies 5-0

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2005, 01:11:51 AM »

Hey thanks Streets for the compliments. Yep Sarge n Kev obviously knew what they were doing.

Here's a pic of the cargo sides I had made, complete with new speakers. I had the vinyl wheel arches made at the same time. You can see the wooden spare wheel covers Sarge made.
I am going to cover the floor area here with some custom made mats to match the front repros I am gettiing from "Obsolete Rubber"

« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 07:49:00 AM by Emu » Logged
Emu

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 08, 2005, 01:13:49 AM »

I  posted this pic so a comparison could be made to one from earlier in the thread.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 07:50:24 AM by Emu » Logged
Emu

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 08, 2005, 01:16:11 AM »

One of the incomplete features of Hilda is shown here. The floor mats. I am going for the rubber rather than carpet coz Hilda's number one purpose is as a daily driver and that involves surf trips with the boys. We are on the beach just about every weekend with "Nippers" and free surfing.

We may even see some roof racks on the old girl although Sarge and Kev have coniptions when I say that!  Shocked

« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 07:53:29 AM by Emu » Logged
Emu

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 08, 2005, 01:34:03 AM »

Another speaker almost hidden "in situ".  The system is mounted in the glove compartment with a remote control which surprisingly works through a closed glove box door!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 07:55:16 AM by Emu » Logged
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: March 08, 2005, 02:23:59 AM »

Hi Every1,

That wagon is certainly looking as good as MY sedan , yeh Mrs Streetneat here. Like Mr St. said someone knows what they are doing.

I'm really glad I went the Terracotta and Adobe biege. It was a huge shock to find myself with ANOTHER project so soon after getting my sedan for christmas.

Just wanted to wish you all the best with  future projects and your current vehicles .

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY " ANDREW !, now we are both the same age again. Grin

Cheers,
KUM66...

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 08, 2005, 03:52:08 AM »

Hello,

Hilda looks fantastic,

so does ur car Mrs Streetneat.

now u guys must have a life back!

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Emu

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 08, 2005, 07:57:58 AM »

Hi Mrs Streets,

Your car is definitely inspirational!

Ed,
my life will now involve driving around in "Hilda".
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: March 08, 2005, 09:17:27 AM »

Hi

I'm getting called a few different names lately but the one that is my favourite is " Kum-Neat ".

My FC Sedan gets attention everywhere we go, getting alot of young ones giving ME the thumbs up. Grin It's been awhile since I have had a car worth staring at. Cool I haven't one regret about getting rid of my V.R. Commodore.

Keep your eyes  Shocked peeled in Street Machine Magazine as I'm gunna be an Iron Maiden sometime this year. Had the photo shoot done last Thursday at Manly habour.

Cheers,
Kim....

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 08, 2005, 09:30:27 AM »

Kim & Emu
You most certainly get a few thumps up and head snaps when you go for a drive in an FC.

Fashions has turned itself back in time, my wife went shopping the other day, she normaly tells me to get out of the 1950, when she got home from her shopping she appolagies and said that I was with the time and every thing RETRO is on its way back in, cloths, cars, white goods, music, furiture and more.

So enjoy your cars and let all others admire.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 09, 2005, 01:22:48 AM »

Emu,

The wagon looks brilliant. Well done.

Regards

Edward
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 09, 2005, 09:29:28 AM »

Well done Emu, Sarge & Kev!!

I have been watching this project progress & have loved every minute of it. I was sure I had posted something earlier, but it doesn't look like I did. Truly inspirational, what a few mates & a cool car (Maybe some time & a few $$$$) can result in!

Glad to be part of the wagon clan. So many nice ones out there, with yours, Fast-Eddies & Ed Ho's on the go. We may have to start  our very own "Wagon Nats"! Hold it at the beach with a Surf carnival theme (Beach babes included).

Anyway, again, great job. Love it!!

Rob J
(aka: Hammerman)

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 09, 2005, 10:19:47 AM »

Hilda is sooooo good, Emu.  Real pity some of us interstaters won't see it until next year.

Congrats to all who worked on her.  Better than new.

Cheers,

Martin
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 10:21:09 AM by lewis1411 » Logged

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 09, 2005, 04:52:50 PM »

WOH     EMU ,,     (Bird with bulging chest feathers)
   Have been waiting for these pic's , and Maaaaaate , I was NOT disappointed ,  what a great looking machine .  as you can see from the "post & view" figures , Lots of people have been waiting for them too..( must be a record , maybe RET  could do a check for  us)    Wish I was heading up your way soon to see the car in the flesh , er, er, er metal  Grin .  We have some friends at Beaudesert  , will have to find an excuse to do  a "double visit".   Wink
  The FC looks just Soooooooooo good ......

Congrats to You , Sarge & Kev .   what a MIGHTY job.

Norm  Smiley

P.S.   Is there a CD player in the glovebox , If so , I'll do something "special" for ya . .. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 05:09:06 PM by normd » Logged

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Emu

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 09, 2005, 08:17:20 PM »

Norm!!!

Great to see ya popping up on the site now n then.

If ya come to Beaudesert, ya know we're only just down the road and ur welcome any time.

Yes there is a CD player hidden in the glove box. Something special eh?  Feels like Christmas.  Wink

Thanks for the kind words about Hilda. Its great to have her driving. Still one or two little things to do until she's done. Actually there will prolly always be one or two little things to do.

Good point about the "posts n views" We may even hit 8000 views before this thread finally dies and drifts into that great abyss, where all old threads spend eternity.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 11:26:42 PM by Emu » Logged
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 09, 2005, 08:35:12 PM »

Hey Emu,
I'll back up what everyone else has said.......Hilda looks fantastic! It's been interesting watching the progress.

So when is Kiwi going to get a project finished?  Grin

Cheers,

Graham
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 09, 2005, 08:44:35 PM »

Well of all the time that was spent on Hilda I only have one regret. That is the day Emu got in her to turn the key, I didnt have my camera with me talk about a kid in a candy store. That grin will haunt me forever. Emu if this does make some sort of record you deserve it just as you deserve Hilda, it was great working with you as you didnt put the pressure on at any time but was there evrytime you where needed.

Cheers mate and hope you and the family have many a happy mile and create many a happy memory in Hilda.
Sarge.

P.S Tell Sarha I will work on Kat about Harvey. As I have got most of the parts that he needs. You just need to get the seat belts.  Grin

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2005, 12:25:17 PM »

Nice work guys.
She is a credit to all involved.
Enjoy driving her for many years to come.
Regards
Alex

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: