FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 01:34:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Another FC wagon uncovered  (Read 10751 times)
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« on: April 05, 2004, 09:54:30 AM »

G'day guys...
This is an FC wagon just uncovered for the first time in a long time. Found resting in a shed in Sydney last week, apparently since 1969 Shocked. The elderly owner passed away earlier in the year and his daughter (thankfully) thought it should be sold rather than thrown away like many of his other "junk". Last registered, as the sticker says, until May 6, 1969....

Yesterday, I'm told, is the first time it has seen daylight since 1969... for some reason the owner never took it out, after backing it into the shed to work on it. It was still jacked up at the back were he started whatever it was he was doing...

Originally we were going to look at a "2-tone green wagon" but discovered once there that it was a Standard... Colour is Ice Green... (almost looked like a Panel Van when it was covered in dirt...

It has had a slight crash in its former life, hence the "Special" guard on the front, but so far seems to be pretty much a complete car minus a few spark plugs...

As its sat for so long, the brakes and clutch don't exist but most other things seem OK. The only rust I've seen so far is the surface rust you can see... It arrived at its new home yesterday where I hope to retore it eventually - long-term project definately... Tongue

More pics at http://photobucket.com/albums/v145/Hewart/fcwagon/

Cheers
Les....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 12:39:42 AM by Hewart » Logged

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 10:15:24 AM »

Well done Les, good to see another FC find a new home and one day hit the road again.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 10:16:16 AM »

Wow Les, unbelievable pics. Love the dust. Looks like it would make a very interesting project. Congrats on your find.
Regards
Alex

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 12:11:40 PM »

nice Les, is it green? the interior looks blue, the old rego sticker is still on my restored FE, I didn't want to remove it, they say it's illeagal but the law hasn't done me for it, yet! good luck with it.
Gary
craiga
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 07:56:21 PM »

Congratulations Les,

JUST AN AMAZING FIND!!

I'm with Alex, the dust absolutely makes it Grin

Does anyone have other photos of Standard FC Wagons? I don't recall ever seeing another one except on the FC Sales Brochure.

Cheers,

Craig.
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 09:18:11 PM »

Great find Les.
Looks like a great project.Was it a local car?
Cheers,
Graham Wink
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 04:37:11 AM »

Thanks guys...
Yes, I loved the dust too... when we were towing it, it made it look more like it had come from a country shed rather than the city.... was a shame to wash it almost....
And Gary, I wondered about the sticker... I was imagineing (in the distant future) that when I take it for a blue slip, they might ping me about the sticker... might have to see if I can take it off in one piece, though I doubt I'll be able to....
Graham, the car was at Belfield... more local to you I guess... Grin
Like Craig I'm also keen to see more pics... still looking for some myself...

Thanks also to Craig, Ken and Richard for fielding my questions over the past week about the car and your interest! And thanks to John, Phil and Phil & Anna-Marie from my "other" club for your encouagement! Also thanks to Edwin for the tow...

Cheers
Les... Wink

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 05:26:56 AM »

Les,
My car has an old rego sticker on it and they never said a word when i got my blue slip.Put it on club plates and you only need a pink slip.
Cheers,
Graham
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 07:37:22 AM »

G'day Graham...
I was planning it as a possible club-plate car, but wouldn't it still need a blue slip because it's been off the road for more than a couple of months...?

Cheers
Les...

robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2004, 08:33:08 AM »

onya les    you must have got a buzz when you saw the wgn    is it a low milage car?
craig    theres a stnd wgn in wa about to under go resto....all original at the moment..the guy is talking about it being fairly modified (painted chrome  etc) we'll try talking him round!!!
            trev
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 08:34:27 AM by robbzfc58 » Logged

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2004, 11:25:28 PM »

Les,

Great photos.  I'll look forward to seeing it in the flesh one day.

In answer to your question, no you don't need a blue-slip for Historic Rego.  I also assumed you would when I bought the Ol' Girl from Victoria (and even paid for one :-/), but only a receipt, pink-slip and HRS form signed by the club Registrar was required.  If the SSEHCC has a nominated inspector you wouldn't even need the pink slip, (assuming you were registering it through them).  Our club doesn't have an inspection day, nor an inspector - club plate cars are expected to pass a regular inspection.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2004, 09:08:44 AM »

Thanks for that Richard...!
Very interesting! Yes we have inspectors at the SSEHCC... we do the inspection day at the club Christmas picnic... (it's on at about the time the club rego's are due, and also encourages most of our members to come along on the day. Also makes it easier for the inspectors to do it all at once...) though last year was the first time we've been able to do our own. When I get around to posting out the latest newsletter you'll see plenty of pics along those lines from that run.

As for the milage on the wagon... the speedo reads 73140 miles... don't know if you'd call that low milage...? I can only guess if that's the first time round etc...

Cheers
Les...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2004, 02:10:16 AM by Hewart » Logged

HARKO
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2004, 10:56:07 AM »

Thats awesome .
Im amazed to see that they still keep turning upand we as a club keep uncovering em ,or should i dare say snavelling em.
Love the dust too ,and the rego label is worth more than a fine if you were so unlucky.
HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2004, 07:38:46 AM »

Les
Fantastic that you have picked the old girl up it will be well cared for and a STANDARD Wagon how ace!!! There is a few of these turning up at the moment Ken fond a one owner in Point Lonsdale the other month that was later sold but it is good to know that they are still in existence,well done.
Brett Gillard

Brett Gillard
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2004, 09:49:56 AM »

... and I found this under the rubber mat right at the driver's door...!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 12:39:11 AM by Hewart » Logged

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2004, 11:57:08 AM »

Geez Hewart, Handy little road rage implement! Maybe he put the wagon in the garage all those years ago because he was a wanted man! Sill looks good.
Gary
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2004, 01:29:35 AM »

He must have received some big letters to need an opener that big!

What weaponry did you find under the tray floor??!

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2004, 01:05:03 AM »

Les
What a implement that is,
maybe he or she were the forefathers of some of our gangland murderers down here in Victoria!!!!
Brett

Brett Gillard
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2004, 06:32:39 AM »

Hey guys....
I was a bit surprised when I found it that's for sure....!! I think I remember the lady I bought the car from saying something about her father was a butcher by trade before he joined the electricity board.... that would go someway to explaining the knife, but doesn't really explain why it was hidden where it was....

If you use your imagination you could come up with all sorts of theories.... the rust on the end of it even looks like blood.... but I reckon he just put it there so it didn't slide around on the floor while he was driving, and maybe forgot all about it......... All innocent I'm sure..... just thought I'd show it to you guys...

Cheers
Les.... Wink

customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2004, 06:46:36 AM »

Hey Les.
Do you intend to restore it along with the rest of the car and replace it?
Grin Grin Grin Grin
Regards
Alex

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: