FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:49:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Terra cotta and Adobe Beige  pics wanted  (Read 5243 times)
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« on: April 04, 2004, 09:26:46 PM »

I am looking for pics of Terra cotta and Adobe Beige colour scheme on a '58 sedan. Interior style i would like to see also  but I already know it was red and black.  We are considering painting the wifes project car in these colours as the Fountain blue over Indian ivory with the side only in blue is not working for us...( too common  and too bland for our tastes). We are not trying to do an authentic resto as its being fitted with a red motor and  Auto , but the car will look like its standard. I will be retaining the 1/4 panel dividing strip on the top of the 1/4's and will fit FE gutter molds to lift the appearence of the car.. More shiny  stuff used carefully can make these cars look right. We  dislike the XMas tree look of every Nasco accessorie known to man plastered all over one of our cars... The car will be lowerd slightly with a set of wide steelies with dress rims and caps... Sunvisor and rear venetian will be re-instated. The cars that started my passion for FC holdens were the Nieghbors FC Ute and the Terra cotta and thier Adobe Beige  sedan... I have built the tribute ute , now I want to do the tribute sedan... Cheers streetneat Cool

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 09:29:51 PM »

Bugger... just became a guru.... Roll Eyes now feel like sarge and Kiwi.... Tongue...Oh well cant beat  'em ...join 'em.... Cheers streetneat....

Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 12:25:51 AM »

Streetneat,

I have a sedan with the following codes:

FC-225-6791-A
Trim: 265-637  Black - Turkish Ivory
Paint: 253-2053 - Terracotta
Top: 256-2031 - Abode Ivory

It was in primer when I bought it years ago, so unfortunatley I don't have any photos, and I ended up painting it in Volcanic grey and India Ivory, however I can describe the '58 colour scheme:

Guards, bonnet, lower doors and lower quarters - Terracotta.

Roof, door window frames, boot and top of quarters - Beige.

Door shut areas are Beige. Fin between the doors is painted Terracotta to level of s/s waistline trim.

At the rear, the colours join at the vertical trim below the tail light.

The interior was white and black when I got it, however, I had the white section redone in a deep red, as the white was actually dirty yellow after 35 years of use. The front seat was one of those camping conversions - the most uncomfortable thing I've ever tried to sleep on.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Edward

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 07:30:29 AM »

Cheers for that . It sounds like the colours are reversed to what I want . I am just curious to see as many variations of Terracotta as possible...I have done a wagon in this colour scheme when I sarted business 12 years ago but the coulor was not how I remebered the nieghbors sedan... I will keep up the search... Roll Eyes cheers for your help, streetneat

-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 07:46:34 AM »

congrats on guru status just like me emu and sarge you have helped lower the standards  Wink Wink Wink Wink
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 08:24:43 AM »

Yeah its not just lids that I seem to be good at lowering... A kiwi in WA ? ... didn't think the wind blew that hard...... heh heh  heh streetneat.... Grin

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 09:33:57 AM »

This is the 1958 version of Terracotta and Adobe Beige
plus the reverse
next reply has the interior

Ken
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 12:41:20 AM by ret » Logged
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 09:36:46 AM »

This is the interior.  All terracotta/adobe beige and terraglow/adobe beige cars had this black and white interior.
Ken
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 12:43:58 AM by ret » Logged
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 11:10:27 AM »

Thanks for that Ken. The car with the terra cotta on the roof looks more like what I remembered. I reckon this is it. IS it possible the interior was red and black on any of them? I seem to remember the nieghbors car had a red and black interior... I will have to dig through some very old slides and I think I only have one pic of the car. Sad I new you would come through for me thanks streetneat.... Grin

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2004, 08:45:21 AM »

Different interior colours could be ordered from the factory, so it is possible that it did exist.   Would certainly be an exception to the rule though.
Every Terracotta/Adobe Beige or Terraglow/Adobe Beige car I have records of has a black and white interior.

Ken
Jonesy

6ers for Racing & V8s are for towing

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2004, 11:01:12 AM »

G'Day All
Heres anyother Pic to add to your collection

Cheers Jonesy
Jonesy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2004, 11:02:40 AM »

Cool
Jonesy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2004, 11:08:41 AM »

Smiley
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2004, 06:43:21 PM »

Thanks for that. I am becoming more convinced I dislike the colour schemes for the last of the FC's. To me it looks like they were running out of enthusiasim for painting any more of the secondary colours than they had to.... My favourite is still the Terrocotta on top with the Adobe on the front and bottom. This project may be taking a brief hiatus as we are now the owners of a 3/4 restored EH  that we will finish off properly and  use until the FC is finished.  Cheers streetneat

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: