FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 07:25:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The FC HQ custom.  (Read 12044 times)
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2004, 08:31:33 PM »

That Diamond patern definetly dates it to the Seventies... Be warned ...some are actually thinking of doing their interiors like this again!.....No not me....It was very acceptable in its day however.... Seeing one of these relics turn up today would start them talking...for all the wrong reasons..... cheers streetneat
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 07:52:29 PM by streetneat » Logged

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2004, 09:14:50 PM »

Wow Ken,

Unleash the Jekyll and Hyde in you.

I like twin lights I hafta say, i was close to putting an extra pair of 5 and a quarter inch lights on my wagon.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2004, 01:33:20 AM »

Hi.
There was s et of front guards in a parts book that I spotted last month. I let Alex know, as he is into the early mods. Maybe those guards were from this car? Then again, I am too young to know how many FE's FC's with those lights used to get around.
Sounds like there was a few.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2004, 01:52:31 AM »

Nope they weren't mine, they were in parts peddler and they had FE parklights on the bottom.
They were fairly common though - at least 6 cars that I know of.

Ken
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2004, 10:07:36 AM »

Here's a few pics from earlier and a couple of new ones.
  I think these were Inter H/lights too.

same car ,  looks like EH T/lights were the "In Thing" too .  (Dig the 70's pleating in the boot)

The Shark....

Norm   Smiley

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2004, 07:33:37 PM »

norm i think the top pic headlights are out of a 100e ford
prefect !!!!!!!!!!!!
fefc boy
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2004, 08:18:28 PM »

i thought it was a morris major headlight setup
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2004, 08:28:57 PM »

HEY Ken... are you including any of these early customs ( or later ones ) in your book?... The Shark was as far as I know the first of the two door FC customs... There was another built here in Brisbane at  a Wynnum panel shop. with a "roof chop"( only taken ot the crown of the roof) and fast backed...as well I dont have any pics of it at the moment but some one else might? It was am awkward looking car and resembled a Mazda Capella. The car was well received in its day but would be labelled unfavourably in todays climate of mostly stockers... I studied this car and the shark whilst building mine to make sure ideas were not being repeated as well as trying my best to avoid bad styling cues... Funnily enough the purists I was trying to have a good natured dig at, loved the end result mostly and I only got to stick it to a minority.... Tongue cheers streetneat
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 09:51:12 PM by streetneat » Logged

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2004, 02:57:41 AM »

I think the top lights were 100e as well.  then AB, then AA same as mine.  I liked the AA better as they had a very nice hooded top.  The French car was my inspiration for my own car.
My book will have a chapter on the older customs - my favourites being the shark with its original teeth, and Alan Hale's V8 machine, as examples of wild custom body and wild custom drive train - for their time !
Ken
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2004, 06:37:53 AM »

Yep   , You Guy's are right
      Just had a look at a pic of  my old Aunty's  "Prefect" ,  Lights are the same  (it was late ,  thats my excuse , AND I'm stickin to it  Grin )

Was talking to one of my old school mates and he also had a Green/Cream FC with Inter headlights and 2 doors (moved pillar & extended doors)   This was done in 1971 , it was sold and went to Canberra in mid 70's.
      Norm  Smiley

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: