FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:05:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fe rego  (Read 12075 times)
kalfe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2003, 06:35:21 AM »

through the clubs around australia
is there a rough figure on how many fe's are on the road
in australia compered to vehicles built
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 09:10:59 AM »

dont have a clue  , dale,  but this is prob'ly a good thread to ask the question....whats the lowest body no. fe & fc on record  (going or under restoration)

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 09:27:25 AM »

Tough question, there are 110 members in the Vic club with a number of members having more than 1 car.  But a lot of them are not on the road.  I would estimate about 2/3 of the cars in our club are on the road.
Maybe 80 or 90.
I would also estimate that there are at least the same number in Victoria not in our club.
So maybe 160 to 200 in Victoria in total
Anybody else care to hazard a guess?
Ken
kalfe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 12:19:33 AM »

i rememeber vw did a survey across australia to find the old vee dub ,it now sits in york car musuem
it would be great to know if the first fe which rolled out is still around.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 03:21:08 AM »

It would be fascinating to find the very first FE - who knows where it ended up? For what it's worth my stock FE is pretty early; I don't think there are any older than mine in the NSW club, but I could be wrong.

Chassis Number: 6-4760-M
Body Number: FE-225-5678
Engine Number: L299940

This makes it the 3,760th FE assembled in Melbourne, and the 5,678th FE Special Sedan manufactured there (the difference includes the CKD units shipped for assembly elsewhere, and the standard and business sedans assembled in Melbourne).

The very first FE had engine number L283373, so mine has the 16,567th grey motor post-FE release, but an unknown proportion (unknown to me, anyway Roll Eyes) of those went into FJ utes and vans, so that's not especially reliable either.  But it dates my car to early September.  Ken might be able to give an even more accurate date.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
kalfe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 04:31:21 AM »

wow thanks ret
yeah it would be good to find the 1st one or at least the
top 10.
so ken keeps a record of all the id plates??
ok i think we should all quit our jobs and concentrate full time on finding the top ten Grin
so how many fe then were manufactured
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 05:31:36 AM »

Ken can give you a reasonable breakdown of that number into body-styles, based on his research.  I'd be interested to see it.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 06:01:03 AM »

Yeah, bring the information on!  Ken, what is the earliest you have for each state?

Ken, with all these requests for your research, do you get any time to work on your own car/s?

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
kalfe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2003, 06:36:04 AM »

151161 fe made
ok i wonder where the 151161th is heheh
gee i got to get a life Grin
no to be serious i would love to know the numbers from each state.
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2003, 07:46:40 AM »

Once Ken finishes telling you lot about the First Edition (FE) then maybe he could give us some info on the First Classic (FC) Holden. After all that is what FC stands for is it not.

Cool Wink

Seem as though the WA Club has come along quite a bit since you have joined the faternity. Its great to see.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2003, 10:32:04 AM »

If only I had the time to complete the whole data search!!!! Sad
Here are some snippets
Leon O'Brien - Victoria
FE-225-3687
6-3225-M
Ipswich Spare Parts
FE-225-446
6-1756-B
Barossa Wrecking Yard
FE-215-1651
6-2165-A
Stacy Andreadis
FE-225-290
6-1723-S
c/o Gary Stevens
FE-225-21884
7-4632-P
You will note that all the early cars come from the SA plant as early Adelaide bodies had no letter A stamped after them.  When the other plants started to come on line Adelaide started to include the letter A after the body number.
Here is the earliest FE I have which is from a booklet recovered from a Holden dealer- car probably does not exist any more
FE-225-1437
6-1126M
eng # L288613   the 5240th engine.

I do hope to get all the answers worked out soon.  I do hope to get them into my book as well.

Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2003, 08:15:43 PM »

Ken,

Thanks very much for that - I've learned something already this morning.  I thought the ID numbers with no factory code suffix were Melbourne, not Adelaide.  That's interesting, my car was manufactured in Adelaide, shipped to Melbourne for assembly, then shipped to Hobart for delivery.  It did some miles before it got purchased then!

cheers
RET

kalfe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2003, 10:40:19 PM »

thanks Ken for that info
also thanks to everyone else for making me welcome
i live about 600km east of perth in Kalgoorlie
where im a spare parts mamanger for toyota
the WA club have been a great help to me
gary stevens found me the fe ute im restoring and trev
and mark have been great.im very proud to be part of the new club.
i love my FE'S and i love the history of the car
thanks again Ken for your time
regards dale kalfe
kalfe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2003, 12:47:03 AM »

ok now we have the FE covered maybe we could look at the model down from the FE the fc Grin Grin Grin
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2003, 11:42:43 AM »

RET, according to the parts book, Adelaide starting stamping "A" in Sept 1956, which is not so coincidentally when Dandenong production began.  So all cars made before Sept '56 were made in Adelaide and have no letter after the body number--------------I believe.
I'm pretty sure the Fishermens Bend plant simply assembled cars CKD from Adelaide as did the Sydney, Perth and Brisbane plants up till that time.
All the cars listed in the previous email seem to back up this theory except the car from Gary Stevens, but maybe he has missed the A or maybe the operator at the time simply forgot to stamp the plate.  Who knows.
For the FC number lovers, here is my favourite car of all time.
It is from a dealer sales record booklet retrieved from a tip.  The dealership was in the Rainbow Vic area.
The car was sold to E. Davies on 10/5/1958 (4 days after release of the FC)
The rego number was GUL 618
Body number FC-225-19-M
chassis number 8-51144-M
engine number L443418
This car has an FE chassis number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It went down the line I guess with the FE production as a pilot model and was sold later on with a new engine fitted as the engine number is 3911 after the break in production for FC
The car was Teal Blue and Skyline Blue which is also strange as this is not a standard FC colour combination.  I have no other record of these 2 colours together.  This is why I am led to believe the car was a pilot car - not really a prototype as the FC was only a facelifted FE, but a test for new colours for the FC range.
Given that this car is number 19, I guess all the FC's made before it were also pilots.  Maybe the first 20 or 25, I dont really know.  All these cars would have had new test colours for the FC range and some would have been accepted and others rejected - like this one.
Obviously GMH were having trouble getting enough cars to the dealerships for release day, so sent all the pilot cars as well - all probably to country dealerships like this one where it was sold into obscurity.  I would love to know what happened to this car, even if it is a wreck still sitting in a paddock on the Davies' farm in country Victoria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you guys find this stuff as interesting as I do?Huh?
Ken

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2003, 12:09:58 PM »

Indubitably Ken, I'll have to check all my numbers again to see if I have any early girls.
Gary
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2003, 06:10:29 AM »

Hey Ken.
Yeh, I find this stuff interesting.
I'd be interested to know what the earliest FC still around on or off the road that you have in your records.
Mine is fairly early, being # 2202 in Sydney. I have only ever seen 1 earlier.
Regards
Alex

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2003, 10:25:06 AM »

Alex,  Chris Bunt on the forum has FC-225-179-S.
There is an FC-225-337-M reg in Vic "MY58FC" and FC-225-205-A belongs to Mark Hughes in WA.
Also Gary Revell in the Vic club has just bought FC-225-10-A with chassis number 8-1352-B.  The car is currently not registered but he is planning on a full restoration.

Ken
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2003, 09:48:39 PM »

Ken,

yes, Yes, YES.....bring it on....I can't wait for your book!!

Brad
COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2003, 06:44:34 AM »

;)hey ken what number would this one be FC 215-56-a(fc wagan). ???COL58FE 8)TALKING OF I.D I'LL HAVE SOME MORE  ON THRUSDAY WHEN I PICK UP THAT OTHER FC I WAS CHASING UP THE OLD BLOKE WANT $200.00 AND I SAID SOLD ,SO UNTIL THEN I HOPE YA CAN GIVE ME A NUMBER ON THIS FOR NOW .THANK'S... Cool
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: