FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:09:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC brake drums  (Read 2315 times)
fc25250

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2022, 06:54:27 PM »

Realise it’s an old well gone over topic but has any definitive means of overcoming this perennial problem been reached ? My FC wagons 9” drums are all run out and from what I have read EH ones will do the trick if machined to prevent fouling with the FC back plate.
I have a number of FC drums and their construction is rather lightweight compared to the heavier more solid EH ones.
EH ones to me seems to be easiest way rather than altering all the other components.
Any suggestions as well as best drums to get me back up n running much appreciated.
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 07:23:02 PM »

Probably easier to machine the drums for clearance, but alternatively you can change brake shoes and backing plates to FB EK. Then the EJ drums go straight on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 09:51:08 PM »

For the front brakes, yes.  I don't know if FB-EK rear backing plates and drums would line up correctly on an FC rear axle.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: