FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:22:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Van on EBay  (Read 6031 times)
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« on: August 12, 2003, 09:30:47 AM »

Slim
Heres a great one for yourself.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2427372981&category=2030&rd=1

John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 10:05:20 AM »

Looks pretty good for a car thats done half a million miles, I think hes made a mistake there somehow, Theres also been a smoker sitting in the parcel section, DAMN SMOKERS. Or maybe the Ashtrays Ornamental.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2003, 10:15:02 AM by slim » Logged

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 10:18:26 AM »

Hi.
Yes, I think it is a bit of a "Bitsa". It is a wagon or sedan seat (ashtray & those plastic bits that go up the back of the seat), FE dash, Special glove box, Special spears. Still, looks OK though, but grey makes it really hard to tell the condition in a photo.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 01:32:14 PM »

Hi Guys
       Mileage could be a mistake , extra "0" makes a big difference.   But with a few rebuilds , de-cokes and valve grinds Huh
       Brother-in-law had a (shudder , stutter  Shocked  shhh)  "blue oval" shall we say , XF , did 1.3 mill K's ,  700,000 on first motor , 600,000 on second . It was his Taxi in Canberra , until he sold it 2 yrs ago and this FC is at least 27 years older , it could be right.  Be interesting to find out, after all , it is an "FC"  Grin
   Norm d

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 11:23:03 AM »

To answer your questions.....

Yes it is a bit of a "bitsa"

No it hasn't done 500,000 miles

Yes it has moved to Sydney

No, I didn't buy it on the eBay auction, as the opening price was way too high.

Regards

Edward

normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2003, 01:35:46 PM »

Edward
     Thanks for checking back , I was just curious ,
Cheers
   Norm

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2003, 08:21:08 PM »

My last post sounds a little confusing. It was late.

I bought it after the eBay auction closed.

Tried to make it out to Guildford last night, but the exhaust in the cabin was too much to take.

Need to fix a few things to make it pleasant to drive. It's a bit of a pig at the moment.

I'll try and get it ready for next months meeting or a run.

craiga
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2003, 09:09:55 PM »

Hi Eddie,

We would love to see you at a meeting or one of the upcoming runs.

Next run is the Romans Breakfast Run on the 21st September, details to be posted in the NSW Club section soon. We will send you the run details by email or SMS. Could you please send your contact details to me at tbc_it@bigpond.net.au and we'll make sure you are kept up to date.

The van you bought looked very good, but did appear overpriced - it's good to know that you got it a bit cheaper.

For those of you who didn't see the van when it was on eBay, here is a picture of it.

Can't wait to see it in person.

Cheers,

Craig.
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2003, 11:18:33 PM »

Don't forget the compliance plate details! It may be one of the rare ones. Postie van or ARMY vehicle.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2003, 12:44:37 AM »

Hey Fast_Eddie,
Did the Van live in Sydney about 10 Years ago.
I'm sure i've seen it before.
Regards ACE Cool
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2003, 02:02:07 AM »

I'm fairly sure a Radio Disc Jockey had this car up in Cairns or Townsville about 2 years ago.

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2003, 04:45:26 AM »

Guys,

The car was a Sydney car until a couple of years ago, when the guy who owned it moved to the Gold Coast.

It was built at Harboard on the northern beaches, and ironically it has returned to Dee Why, which is basically the next suburb.

The DJ in Cairns/Townsville has/had a Porsche green panelvan, if it is the same guy. He was trying to sell it on the forum some time ago. It looked tidy, but I was after something closer to original.

The van runs a EK 138 grey, with extractors and a standard three speed. It has an HR front and rear end.

Having only ever driven drum braked FC's & EH's in the past, the discs are quite a novelty. I never knew old Holdens could stop quickly and in the same lane!

It leaks oil everywhere, which I think is a result of an extended period of storage followed by a drive to Sydney. The off side sill is bubbling and the bottom of the A pillar is a bit suspect. Otherwise the body is pretty good, and the acrylic will come up well with a rub back and a buff.

The diff ratio doesn't feel right as it needs heaps of revs to get it off the line. The steering and suspension are a bit clunky and squeaky. Even compared to my FC sedan which was completly stock, it is a bit of a pig to drive at the moment.

As I have just pulled apart my FC sedan for a V8 conversion, I should be able to fix the niggling bits and pieces pretty quickly with the spares I have and get it registered in NSW.

After that, I've got a set of Jack Meyers and a twin Stromberg set up to throw on, I'll chuck the Malibu in the back and I'm away!

Regards

Ed

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: