FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:31:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE progress  (Read 9237 times)
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2021, 10:16:32 AM »

I agree, it’s a stunning colour combo

Ken
texmorton

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2022, 09:34:53 AM »
+1

Gday all,

A bit more progress on my resto. The VH24 has been a mission to restore, got hold of the main diaphragm but the rest of the rubber parts have been really hard to find. Looks good in the engine bay all plumbed up, hope it works..., now to get back into the body work. Al

REDMR2RED
vic-club

Model: FC

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2022, 06:01:10 PM »

G'day Tex, the vacuum pump on your windscreen washer bottle.  How did you overcome the diaphragm inside the vacuum pump that sits above the water bottle lid?  I have pulled half a dozen apart to find they are all perished.   

1959 FC Holden Ute
texmorton

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2022, 09:16:57 AM »

G'day Red,

The one I have fitted to my restoration still works so I have not pulled it apart. I have spayed a bit of WD40 into the chamber to rejuvenate the rubber and will pull it apart when it fails. I tried making diaphragms a few years ago with marginal success but the top diecast section of the vacuum  unit was badly corroded so never finished; if you had one to sell I would be interested as I could now replace the diaphragm with the repro ones that are available from the UK.   

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/164925679250

Let me know if you have a decent top section of the vacuum chamber, Al
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: